Stuck B&W gooseneck ball

/ Stuck B&W gooseneck ball #21  
Is it supposed to come out by driving it downward ? That would also be a safety feature to prevent unintended dismounting.

/ Stuck B&W gooseneck ball #22  
I think the pin they install in the bottom for removal when stored ball down likely slide out while you were hammering to get it out. That pin is now hitting the upper lip of the hitch assembly. If you look at the user manual (link below) on page 7 you will see what I am saying. The hitch is only tight at the upper lip. Below that the opening is larger. You are going to be in for a fight if that is what happened. You will need to find a way to remove or shift the pin.

Attachments

• Turnoverball Owners Manual web.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 40
   / Stuck B&W gooseneck ball
That's the only thing that would make sense. Gives me something to work with atleast....or try

/ Stuck B&W gooseneck ball #24  
It's not rust. I'm about 1/8th of an inch from coming out. I hit it today for about 2 hours with air hammer. She ain't moving. When it's at the upper most point, I can wiggle it. I can push it down and pull it up by hand with no effort. When it stops, it's a metal on metal sound.

Top of receiver still looks good.

Doesn't make sense
Are you hitting the bottom of the ball from below or on the sides of the ball?

/ Stuck B&W gooseneck ball #26  
I think the pin they install in the bottom for removal when stored ball down likely slide out while you were hammering to get it out. That pin is now hitting the upper lip of the hitch assembly. If you look at the user manual (link below) on page 7 you will see what I am saying. The hitch is only tight at the upper lip. Below that the opening is larger. You are going to be in for a fight if that is what happened. You will need to find a way to remove or shift the pin.

I have the high rise ball and mine doesn't have that pin. I wish it did.

/ Stuck B&W gooseneck ball #27  
If he's got it to 1/8" of coming out, the pin has cleared the hole already.

/ Stuck B&W gooseneck ball #28  
Been hitting this thing for hours with an air hammer and got it this farView attachment 862404
Remember the pic. It's already cleared the hole the pin went in.
There must be some "lip" that it's stuck on.
If it was my problem I'd just put it back in and work around it for years. With my luck pulling it out with great force would twist the frame or worse.

/ Stuck B&W gooseneck ball #29  
With my luck pulling it out with great force would twist the frame or worse.
That great force would have to exceed the 15,000 lbs. the hitch is rated for, and then some.

Since the ball was beat on with an air hammer, it's most likely that the bottom is mushroomed, which has been mentioned. I'd start with pushing it back in and take a grinder to the bottom edges.

If that doesn't free it up completely, I'd use either the Bobcat to pull on it, or a bottle jack on the diff, to put some upwards force on it. Then tap on it from all four sides with a small sledge.

Never had one get stuck so I have no practical experience, but I've also never had a drop-in bedliner (which traps dirt and moisture on a good day) with a hole in it.

Either way, it all seems fairly straightforward to me, except for that the ball can't get past the very last part. I don't currently have a B&W to look at, and don't remember if there's anything towards the top that is of a different dimension.