Stuck B&W gooseneck ball

/ Stuck B&W gooseneck ball #11  
Soak it good tonight with WD - 40 or PB Blaster or any other penetrating lubricant and you will be able to get it out tomorrow.

/ Stuck B&W gooseneck ball #12  
Tap it once in a while to get the lubricant to work its way into the rust.

/ Stuck B&W gooseneck ball #14  
Well, it could be less dramatic if using a Hi-Lift when it does come loose. With something to spread the load under the base of the Hi-Lift, of course.

I'd also smack it from four sides both before it's under tension and while it is. Maybe also smack yourself (lightly) if using WD-40 instead of something that works.

/ Stuck B&W gooseneck ball
Don't use wd40. I generally use mouse milk.

Like I said, I can move it smoothly by hand until the very end where it hits. Don't think it's rust. I'm thinking the receiver itself may be burled or something. Who knows what the past owner did.

I'll get it out and then clean up both the ball and receiver

/ Stuck B&W gooseneck ball #16  
I think getting peened might be the issue. If you drive it back in, can you dress the edges with a file?

I hate how these balls get stuck. I just had to get under mine the other week to drive out the ball that had been sitting stored inverted.

/ Stuck B&W gooseneck ball #17  
Got a bottle JacK, steel bar, chain, bolt same size as hole in receiver and a huge block of wood? Fashion yourself a lifting device and pull the receiver up and out.

/ Stuck B&W gooseneck ball #18  
I think getting peened might be the issue. If you drive it back in, can you dress the edges with a file?

I hate how these balls get stuck. I just had to get under mine the other week to drive out the ball that had been sitting stored inverted.
I have always greased each side of the square part on the ball that slides down into the bed and have never had an issue with mine being stuck, I have used never seize, oxide inhibitor and plain old grease and all have kept the ball from becoming seized.

/ Stuck B&W gooseneck ball #19  
I have always greased each side of the square part on the ball that slides down into the bed and have never had an issue with mine being stuck, I have used never seize, oxide inhibitor and plain old grease and all have kept the ball from becoming seized.
That makes entirely too much sense. I don't know why I haven't done that before now. :p

/ Stuck B&W gooseneck ball
It's not rust. I'm about 1/8th of an inch from coming out. I hit it today for about 2 hours with air hammer. She ain't moving. When it's at the upper most point, I can wiggle it. I can push it down and pull it up by hand with no effort. When it stops, it's a metal on metal sound.

Top of receiver still looks good.

Doesn't make sense