Stuck B&W gooseneck ball

/ Stuck B&W gooseneck ball #1  

Joel/ak

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bobcat 324
Been hitting this thing for hours with an air hammer and got it this far.
20240414_153831.jpg

Now it's stopped. Won't move anymore. I can move it up and down by hand but it stops at this point. When it stops, I can move it back and forth. Almost like it's against another stop or lock.

I don't have a goose neck trailer to pop it out.

What am I missing?

Hitch came with the truck so who knows how long it's been in.

/ Stuck B&W gooseneck ball
I guess you looked at it from underneath? mine has a safety lock under the post.
I don't see any other lock besides the main release but that's what it feels like.

/ Stuck B&W gooseneck ball #5  
There is a not a lock other than the pull handle under the fender well. I have had some rust and corrosive make it difficult to pop out by hand from sitting too long. Soak it with PB Blaster around the edges and let it sit for a while. Then it should pop out, especially by hitting it from below with a short piece of pipe and a hammer. Clean it up before putting it back in. I leave mine out rather than turning it upside down when it is not needed for towing.

From the debris in the bed you may have a small rock causing issues as well.

/ Stuck B&W gooseneck ball #6  
Maybe you can pop it out using a jack and 2" piece sq channel or stout pipe from underneath?

Last edited:
   / Stuck B&W gooseneck ball #7  
Here is a couple of pics of mine. You can see that you don't have far to go to get it out. You should be able to see the round hole at the base from below, that is wiring under mine visible from above.

20240414_154647.jpg

20240414_154804.jpg

20240414_154819.jpg

/ Stuck B&W gooseneck ball
Maybe you peened and edge over on the bottom beating on it?
That's kinda what I am thinking plus maybe the top of the receiver could be also. It's a solid metal on metal when it stops.

Like I said, I can move it that far by hand. Doesn't make sense if I can move it by hand and it wiggles a hair when it stops but I've seen crazier crap.