Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #191  
The unions demand years ago 4 hours pay per month
as they say the average wage is so much and you know
for sure that figure is not correct! I for one will never
again work in a union shop!
True story guy goes to work
finds a place to sleep and gets caught and the union says
you can't fire him! to me that's strickly BS!

willy
that's great news.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #193  
Not a union person, but I do come from a long line of union workers.

I was told that the union played a big part in getting the coal mines paying in U.S. dollars instead of their tokens only good at the coal company stores.

Your wages are paid in tokens that can only be used in my stores !

What a racket !!!!

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #194  
I'm a little confused at what you're trying to explain exactly, and it's probably my fault. I don't claim to be the smartest or most intelligent. A lot of your posts are informative and I appreciate everyone that contributes in all ways. We're all here to learn.

Whether I'm at work in my union job, or doing something outside that job, I take pride in the work, and customer service I provide as a human being to others. I am a very grateful person in general. I feel like I'm lucky in life. Do the best job you can do and be proud so no one can say you didn't do your best.

I'm not saying all unions are amazing. And I've been screwed over by mine a time or 2. It's life. Nothing is perfect. Whether you are pro union or against unions...I don't look at anyone different. We're all human. As far as I know, and maybe I'm wrong, everyone is just trying to survive and enjoy life to the best of their ability.

There are MANY and COUNTLESS opportunities out there in life for everyone. No one is limited? I for one just don't enjoy thinking about work outside work. It's how I'm wired. Others enjoy the self employed environment and wouldn't change it for the world..I commend those, and do get jealous at times. My significant other is amazing, my life is full of happiness. What more could I ask for for? I wish nothing but success to the kids as they grow and head to college and work.

I veered off tangent... I'm grateful for life.
I read it as you were only grateful because you had a union and you wouldn't be in any other situation. If that was incorrect it is probably me.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #195  
back in the days when union representation was above 50% and often higher in manufacturing commmuninites, the union served as a surrogate for the community voice. So yeah, when wages went up for the union,they went up for the community. then, as Henry Ford undrstood, a community with more money not only bought more product, but also led to a loyal and productive workforce. Thus, making a difference for the company and consumer. It's imprtant to understand that uniopn wages help set a floor for other laborers in the community, espectially when a large percentatge of the workforce is unionized. Again, this is why employers hate unions and try to convince everyone that a union works against personal interest.
No, what you are describing is inflation. If everyone's wages rise, no one is making any more money.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #196  
Not a union person, but I do come from a long line of union workers.

I was told that the union played a big part in getting the coal mines paying in U.S. dollars instead of their tokens only good at the coal company stores.

Your wages are paid in tokens that can only be used in my stores !

What a racket !!!!
They played essentially the only role, the onesy-twosy type strikes never worked. It wasn't until the unions got involved and literally killed people that things changed. Now the job market, and available stores and resources, wouldn't let something like that happen if you let the free market work.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #197  
I read it as you were only grateful because you had a union and you wouldn't be in any other situation. If that was incorrect it is probably me.
I certainly didn't intend it to read that way.. Quite possibly my fault as well. And it is difficult to get a tone of ones attitude thru text and type, I fully understand that. I've worked both union and non union. I just happen to be where I am because of decisions I've made. Glad we're at an understanding

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #198  
What would you do if someone said they'd pay you $1,000,000 to quit your job today? Would you stay because you'd feel bad for leaving your bosses high and dry? Of course not. So why is it greed when a small business owner who worked their asses off building something from nothing wants to sell and retire? And why should a union be able to tell me I can or cannot sell my company?

The problem is that people like you, and most people, feel like an employer has some sort of obligation to each and every employee to make sure they are well fed, well educated, insured and make a "living wage." That simply isn't true. My only obligation to my employees is to pay them to do the job they were hired for and their only obligation to me is to do the job they were hired for. Nothing more and nothing less.
Whether I'm making "record profits" is completely irrelevant. If you are still doing the same menial job you were 15 years ago then you should expect to be paid as such. Want to make more? Take on more responsibility or learn something new to advance. Otherwise, go work somewhere who will pay you what you think you're worth which is probably a lot less than most people think.
You would make a dandy boss I bet :poop: You seem the type to pay employees $6.00 bucks an hour with no benefits and you would be making millions off of there labor.People like you are the reason unions were created.:LOL:

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #199  
You would make a dandy boss I bet :poop: You seem the type to pay employees $6.00 bucks an hour with no benefits and you would be making millions off of there labor.People like you are the reason unions were created.:LOL:
Why work for him then? That’s how a free market works.
Employee isn’t happy? Get a different job. You
Employer can’t get the type of employee they need? Pay more.
If a company is making too much another company is going to start and provide a similar product keeping the price and profit down.
It’s not that hard.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #200  
I was one of the very first kids to be vaccinated against polio. We were brought down to the schoolyard by our parents, stood in lines, and got a vaccination - later backed up with a sugar cube.

It's odd what one remembers. Almost seventy years later, what sticks in my mind was that I had never seen so many adults all standing around trying to smile at one another while tears ran down their faces. I'd never seen so many adults all crying at once like that.

Of course I knew nothing about what was going on. Polio was a forbidden subject; apparently it still is. Some kids vanished, a few returned... usually crippled. Many families just moved away.

I remember wondering if this meant that my best friend was going to come back. He went to the nurse's office the year before and nobody had seen him since.
Billy, where are you? I still miss you. I have a tractor now.
rScotty

Now if we just had a pill that cured stupidity. How nice would that be?
when ever the current vaccination question comes up i tell them about polio. i had my best friend disappear and another with a limp.

i don't know about you but, if i see a person around my age or older with a limp my first thought is polio.

Status
Not open for further replies.