Stihl String Trimmers... I need a LONGER shaft.

/ Stihl String Trimmers... I need a LONGER shaft. #11  
I have the Stihl F450 weed eater. Its a MONSTER. I had to purchase the Stihl shoulder harness to make it comfortable. You might see if a shoulder harness would allow the weed whacker to sit lower on your body and work better. Shoulder harness is, for sure, cheaper than some new type of whacker.

/ Stihl String Trimmers... I need a LONGER shaft.
I had a standard weed trimmer that I converted into a combi-system. I bought the Stihl shaft extension and modified it to use in place of the original long weed trimmer shaft.

The extension shaft is a little longer than the stock combi-head unit shaft so that might help you. I left mine longer to give me a little more reach on my pole saw and hedge trimmer attachments.

FYI It's an easy conversion you won't need a machine shop to make it work.

THAT is an interesting idea. I'll have to check it out. If I can rig the extension in PLACE of the original shaft, that might solve everything I need without adding the complexity of an interceding 6" shaft and its inherent connections and failure points. I'll have to take a look at the shaft lengths and see whether that might be the ticket I needed from the beginning.

/ Stihl String Trimmers... I need a LONGER shaft. #13  
THAT is an interesting idea. I'll have to check it out. If I can rig the extension in PLACE of the original shaft, that might solve everything I need without adding the complexity of an interceding 6" shaft and its inherent connections and failure points. I'll have to take a look at the shaft lengths and see whether that might be the ticket I needed from the beginning.

FYI It was waaay cheaper to buy and mod the extension pole than buying the parts for the actual combi head unit.

I just wish I could get the bicycle handlebars for weed eating at a better price...the dealer was asking stupid money for the parts. The OEM D-handle is great if you want to get carpal tunnel.

Hope it works for you!