Steering system oil Rejuvenate?

/ Steering system oil Rejuvenate? #1  

Bedlam

Veteran Member
Always wanted to use that word LOL But I was wondering if anyone has experience or suggestions for the use of hydraulic oil 'magic in a bottle"?
I have developed a slow leak in my steering system in the Main collum .It has been slow for about 10 years. But finally found the leak is in a seal most likely All the fittings are fine. Machine is stored inside, My intention is to just keep adding. But thought about some treatment lately. Especially now that I know its just the one hydraulic steer system(separate oil system)
Appreciate and thoughts on this subject.

/ Steering system oil Rejuvenate? #2  
My experience is additives help very little if any at all. A few exceptions but generally the case.

/ Steering system oil Rejuvenate?

Just found this one.HMM interesting how its advertised as liquid volume 1 gallon yet its 32 ounces.
I suppose it might be worth a try. I know this probably has been a heated discussion on here before somewhere.

This review Seems CRAZY...'''''''
Used this on a small Johnson workhorse loader on a cub cadet 149. Noticed some leaks when it was parked in the garage, nothing crazy. Added some
of this to the reservoir and immediately noticed a difference in pressure and responsiveness. After a couple days no leaks underneath it. """"

/ Steering system oil Rejuvenate? #4  
I prefer to fix rather than to patch. I'd vote for digging in there and fixing your leak rather than try to pour something in there to fix it.

My logic being, if whatever you pour in there has "something" (no idea what) that will plug up a possible leak, could that same "something" also get in the way somewhere else in the system?

I also love taking things apart so I might be biased.