Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,471  
If I was out over 6grand then I would be grasping at any straws, also.
I would probably be talking to the district attorney in that county because I'm afraid he's going to find out that he isn't their #1 customer nor nearly as valued as he thinks, don't get me wrong I hope he get's his money back, but I don't believe he's gonna get it waiting on them to call him.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,472  
I would probably be talking to the district attorney in that county because I'm afraid he's going to find out that he isn't their #1 customer nor nearly as valued as he thinks, don't get me wrong I hope he get's his money back, but I don't believe he's gonna get it waiting on them to call him.
Agree. And something he could try is to file a claim against the EA business bond. Unless that fund has been exhausted, this is an option that most people don’t think about. I once paid a down payment to a cabinet contractor to redo my kitchen cabinets. The company closed its doors without building my cabinets. I went to the local registrar of contractors and filed a claim against his bond and recovered all my money.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,474  
I wouldn't blame Covid. Consumer spending has been wildly high since the shutdown, as folks were flush with cash. That recovery era saw huge increases in personal spending, but yet somehow a successful business went **** up while still being backlogged 6 months with orders. 🤔

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,475  
I wouldn't blame Covid. Consumer spending has been wildly high since the shutdown, as folks were flush with cash. That recovery era saw huge increases in personal spending, but yet somehow a successful business went **** up while still being backlogged 6 months with orders. 🤔
Poor management and owner siphoning off the profits.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,476  
Seems like the owner was siphoning off more than just the profits.
I own my own business and just couldn't imagine doing that to my customers. My personal income has come down to ensure that my employees incomes don't come down.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,477  
Plus, if reports he was using company employees for personal work on his lake home were true, the IRS may be interested in whether he reported the work as income on his personal return assuming the company took the expense as a deduction.

Recall, Al Capone went down for IRS fraud.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,478  
It's such a shame. I can't think of other businesses that consistently made top quality product where the owner cheated elsewhere. Usually they cheat everywhere and make junk or otherwise screw customers.

I just returned here after some years away happily using my SCUT to buy a new implement, and ran into this. Not that there aren't other vendors, but the EA stuff I already have is top notch.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,479  
It's such a shame. I can't think of other businesses that consistently made top quality product where the owner cheated elsewhere. Usually they cheat everywhere and make junk or otherwise screw customers.
Well, there was DeLorean that got caught for doing some off-books deals.

Everything Attachments was apparently an established company, but then was apparently going through a huge growth cycle that all came crumbling down on top of them.

Perhaps not unlike some new companies that struggled to get financing to match their products. DeLorean, Tucker, etc.

Perhaps not too different from many startup companies that struggle to get products out the door. In this case, EA was growing by perhaps 10 fold that instead tumbled to zero.

It will be curious when all of the details come out.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,480  
"It will be curious when all of the details come out". With this many government agencies involved - I wouldn't hold my breath.