Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #521  
We live in the country and have to get our own trash pickup

/ Status of Everything Attachments #522  
I was an employee there for several years, and I want to explain .... EA was little more than a glorified Ponzi scheme at the end of its lifetime.
Wow. Thanks for joining the forum to share this perspective with us. Folks, take this with a grain of salt, but it's pretty damning, like many of us thought.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #523  
You're right. I got a little too fired up about this yesterday and my language choices were a bit inflammatory.

I just hate seeing good hard-working people pay for items they'll never receive. Again, EA could easily put a notice on their website, and prevent people from attempting to check out and pay for things. But they haven't.
Maybe. An older company and a web presence...I've been around enough of those situations to know that it is possible that the guy who knows how is gone already and/or with all of the other problems, it fell through the cracks. Not good for the company, but not necessarily a nefarious plot.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #524  
If they are not filling orders, to me it would be incredulous that no one would think they should update their web page.
If their IT person is gone, they could have a consultant do it for not much $$

/ Status of Everything Attachments #525  
I tried calling Everything Attachments - No answer on either line, and both voicemail inboxes are full.

I sent them an e-mail:

Are you still selling and shipping products?
If yes, please call me about a potential order.
If no, please update your web site accordingly.

We'll see if I get a response.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #526  
This attachment vendor's web site is an example of what EA could have been doing all along (regarding taking payment, and long wait time for delivery).

1707411246371.png

/ Status of Everything Attachments #527  
Folks, maybe speculating a bit, but if they shutdown and have no money, they may simply not be paying the IT guy to adjust or turn off the website, its actually pretty common, he may have already been fired. Not saying its right, but other people may simply not know how to do it.
That's a possibility, but it is likely that the owner has the password to get in and access the web pages. All he has to do is give it to his attorney to shut down the site or at least the shopping cart part of it.
The pages will automatically shut down in August, and in the meantime every CC company will eventually refuse to allow charges to the company, but that will take a while. However those who pay or paid by debit card are completely out of luck and will continue to be out of luck until it's shut down.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #528  
Has anyone heard from Travis?

/ Status of Everything Attachments #529  
I was an employee there for several years, and I want to explain what's really happened to EA in hopes or ending the widespread speculation on this forum. The owner was not paying bills, including carrier/shipping debt (175k to FedEx alone several months ago), third party vendors, taxes, etc. In some cases a customer would request a refund because the wait was longer than initially projected, but our manager would tell us "we really don't have enough in the account for a refund currently". While EA manufactures quality attachments, Ted/Nate were absolutely using money from new orders to cover material costs for older orders. A previous post mentioned the "rob Peter to pay Paul" business strategy, and that is absolutely what was taking place at EA. In addition, some of that money was wasted on non-work related projects like a new Tesla and dock parties at the glass house. We had multiple welders spend close to a year at his glass house on the lake, doing renovations and updates instead. We suggested advising a more accurate lead time (5-6 months, instead of 3-4 months which is what we were telling folks), and Ted's response was "they won't buy if the lead time is too long!". Ted's excessive and wasteful spending is the biggest contributor to EA's downfall. If you have an order in, get your money back if you still can. EA was little more than a glorified Ponzi scheme at the end of its lifetime.
I appreciate the information.

But is there any reason you couldn't have warned the moderator of this group with this info last year so he could pass that info along to the members? This would have save a few people having their money stolen by the owner of EA.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #530  
I appreciate the information.

But is there any reason you couldn't have warned the moderator of this group so he could pass that info along to the members? This would have save a few people having their money stolen by the owner of EA.
I am new to this forum, the only reason I posted at all was to try to help anyone who can still get their money back and prevent others from losing money. I would be happy to bring this to the attention of the moderator, but why is that necessary? I thought creating a post would get the information to customers the quickest. Again, not being snippy, truly asking.