Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #501  
My credit card company requires filling out a form and mailing it to them to properly file a claim for a disputed payment. I mailed that off over the weekend. Since I placed the charge back in September, 2023, I am not really expecting them to do anything. Would be nice, but not holding my breath.

In the meantime, I have to decide what to do. I really need to have a grapple for my tractor. Do I wait it out to see if EA pulls through this, or just go ahead and bite the bullet and order another grapple from another supplier. I sure as heck don't need two grapples, so it would be pretty awkward if I order another grapple from someone else, then get a notice from EA that the grapple I ordered from them is ready to ship. Yeah, probably being really overly optimistic, but I am a firm believer in Murphy's Law.

Last edited:
   / Status of Everything Attachments #502  
What size? If you end up with two, maybe I'd help take it off of your hands. 😀

/ Status of Everything Attachments #503  
1707359031830.png

From Mansion Global
Glass-and-Steel Lakehouse in North Carolina Lists for Nearly $5.5 Million

When Ted Corriher was a child, he spent summers on Lake Norman, in Terrell, North Carolina, with his parents, who had a lakehouse built in the mid-1970s using 14 8-foot-tall sliding glass doors, a relatively new invention at the time.

“There were just enough wood columns to hold them up,” Mr. Corriher told Mansion Global. “I got so used to the views and being two feet from the water.”

So, when he and his wife, Beverly, went to build a new house in the same location, they decided to construct the entire thing out of glass.

“There was no other way to do the property justice,” said Mr. Corriher, the 57-year-old founder of Everything Attachments, a company that specializes in equipment from snow plows to cement mixers for tractors, excavators and other construction machinery.

The 6,500-square-foot home, which includes 153 panes of glass, is now on the market for $5.495 million. There are far-reaching views of the lake from everywhere in the home, but the vistas from the third floor are particularly striking, according to listing agent Mike Toste of Southern Homes of the Carolinas.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #504  
You understand that is the normal way business works, right? You pay for anything you buy online when it's ordered, not when it ships. Very few exceptions to that rule of thumb. Dealerships will order something, but you are paying them a premium for the privilege. Usually have to put money down, too.
Generally it already has been made, and just needs to get into the pipeline to be shipped. They don't put the money into their bank account while your order sits in que for a couple of months.

I did put a deposit on my sawmill 4 years ago, but didn't have to pay for the rest until 6 months later when it was sitting in the dealer's warehouse.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #505  
The house is a red herring. For all you know his wife was loaded. The business has been going long enough that some of it was probably left to him. I don't begrudge someone spending their money or earning a profit.

The issue is the contractor and did he or didn't he fail to build. Had it been built as promised, production picks up and lead times drop. We won't find out until the court case is settled. Probably years from now.

It is very hard to grow a business at a pace that you want. The troubles boosted demand and any of us who tried to build during that time know how hard it was to find contractors and/or decent prices. Pretty easy to sit back and criticize. Some companies just say, sorry, out of stock. I don't know this guy. Don't know what was in his heart.
Even a CEO gets a paycheck, which they can spend on things such as garish houses if that's what they want. Siphoning money out of the business otoh is illegal, unless you are the sole proprieter.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #506  
At this point we're seeing a lot of the same opinions and articles being rehashed in this thread plus a lot of pretty far out there stuff and speculation. Let's try to limit the commentary to facts rather than pure speculation and hypothetical scenarios.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #508  
I sure wish we had more *facts* to go on. But the source of the facts we likely want to hear the most is not being very forthcoming.
As somebody else pointed out, if there are court proceedings their lawyer is advising them to remain quiet. Considering how often they were on here previously, I suspect that is the case.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #509  
We need a TBN in the field investigative reporter...

/ Status of Everything Attachments #510  
How do you know that for a FACT? What happens when you actually enter a CC number for a purchase and hit "Complete transaction"?
No, I was not going to find out. I jokingly asked if someone else would be brave enough to (and then of course cancel the CC charge afterwards).

But in my experience, when a merchant website lets you proceed all the way to the 3rd party payment page, thats not where the transaction stops. You have to make the items unavailable for purchase. If you get all the way to the 3rd party checkout/payment, the charge will go through.