Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #91  
They apparently cannot afford to create standing inventory without advance payment. A bit of a red flag for me.

Like most companies, staffing is probably an issue along with a lack of shop space to expand production. Supply chain issues are diminished but, where do you think their steel comes from and who do they compete with to get it?

This isn't just an issue for EA either.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #92  
... I do hold a Class 3 FFL. Have no desire to have them anyway. One, too much paperwork and Two, waste of ammunition, not that I buy any factory rounds because I don't.

Seriously, a Class 3 FFL and you're complaining about the NFA paperwork? 🤣

Waste of ammo is subjective. Sure, doing a mag dump on Bambi is idiotic but, shooting an MP-5 is super fun to me like flying and riding a super sport motorcycle. Bulk 9mm for an MP-5 that is shot a reasonable amount is not more expensive than those other hobbies assuming a reasonable amount of shooting. My motorcycle costs a small fortune to insure not to mention the maintenance or the costs of any tickets incurred. Flying a private aircraft makes shooting a nice 9mm Submachinegun seem cheap.

Regarding your class 3 FFL, you sound like a lot of dealers I have dealt with that knew nothing more than how to fill out the forms and collect the money. Whether you are a kitchen table dealer or just someone pushing suppressors, that by itself doesn't give credibility based on my experience. Some of the most knowledgeable folks about NFA are not Class 3 dealers or ATF employees.

And, yes I was an FFL for many years myself.

Yes, I wildcat and reload too. Shooting my Double Rifles makes shooting a full-auto a small amount look like a bargain as well.

Now back to EA and away from the sidetrack and drift.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #93  
Over the years I have bought 4 attachments from EA. I kinda did not like the prepayment idea, but went ahead with the order. Their shipment and service was satisfactory at that time. I can not address their recent issues, but hope they maintain their production and service.

But, maybe the business world has changed since the pandemic / supply chain etc....if that has any thing to do with it. I never desired to be a "business" man....just shook hands and seldom had issues with anybody.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Status of Everything Attachments #94  
Obviously 🤣...have I mentioned my tractor today?
I just ordered a EA Disc harrow, cultipacker and bale spear. They are out of finish mowers or I would've pulled the trigger on that as well.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #95  
Update on my previous post the pto box was marked shipped a couple days ago and it's supposed to be here today but UPS is pulling that "it's loaded on a truck but not shown out for delivery"

/ Status of Everything Attachments #96  
And to proceed more on topic.

I have a EA 60" Wicked Root Rake Grapple on order since 09-14-2023. Just wondering if anyone else has one of these on order around the same time and gotten any sort of notice of impending shipment? I was told "4ish" months for delivery.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #97  
i was going to buy a grapple from them, but was extremely hesitant of buying and waiting with no timeframe of delivery. Ended up with a heavy duty land pride. That’s how i got attached/subscribed to this thread, when i researched them a wile back. Now with the current info I’m interested in their fate. Their business model is no secret, build an overbuilt and expensive grapple for lower hp tractors. Then they started making more stuff, and i would expect its good stuff too. My curiosity tells me they shot to the moon during covid bucks, and i could only imagine the amount of stuff they built and shipped during that time. Me, i would have rode that out without trying to expand because it was a fake overstimulated economy, and that needed to be taken in consideration. They may realize that now and could be wanting to downsize back to their roots.
I went into biz in 1998(new construction), and the 2008 debacle hurt and scarred me for years. So i know how an overstimulated economy can leave you flat when it deflates. They got a good product and that should help, but fixing the pay and wait may further help them in this economy. Like the poster above said, get on a list and when its your turn you get contacted, you decide if you want it and pay and have your grapple pretty quick after payment. That way you could cut down your customers financial exposure(things are getting tight for people) and they still dont have grapples/attachments built that people bail on.

And i said “overbuilt and expensive”, i understand the relative relationship of both adjectives, and yes, expensive is subjective. People want quality and will pay, even if its a 30hp tractor for 5 acres and a Chinese grapple would “work”. If you can afford it and want, get it and enjoy it..if you want 100hp tractor and have 10 acres thats your business, and i get it.

So if arrogance and ignorance takes them out it’s a shame cause there was(is) a great market here for them.
It seems you are making a very large amount of uninformed statements and assumptions.

EA was going gangbusters way before Covid

/ Status of Everything Attachments #98  
And to proceed more on topic.

I have a EA 60" Wicked Root Rake Grapple on order since 09-14-2023. Just wondering if anyone else has one of these on order around the same time and gotten any sort of notice of impending shipment? I was told "4ish" months for delivery.
Have you called them and asked for an update? I believe I would.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #99  

On my last order, I called on the phone and had great customer service FWIW.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #100  
I contacted them via email on the 16th. Was told they are working on getting parts together for the 60 inch grapples. I would have liked to have gotten an accurate ETA for my order, which I presume is not out of line in this sort of circumstance.

Being curious about others who might be in the same pipeline, I decided to ask here to see if anyone else has one of their 60 inch grapples on order and has gotten an ETA or perhaps an actual tracking number for one of these going out the door recently. If provided with their own order date, that might give me some idea about how much longer I need to wait for my unit.

Is that reasonable?