Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #51  
I purchased a grapple from EA a couple of years ago. I did not like the full payment at order time. The reason, a company can go bankrupt and I would be the loser, estimated delivery was well beyond the credit card contest time. I have bought their products before and they are well made, well painted and I qualified for free delivery. I would feel better with a deposit and final payment at shipping time.

Kevin
That is reasonable.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #52  
That is reasonable.
There's a tipping point where companies can make enough money to build in advance. That usually also comes with many fewer options. How many different styles, sizes, connections, colors are available? The guessing game of what people want on products that have high sunk costs is quite risky.

I'd like to see them at least get to 50% down and 40% at shipping and 10% on delivery. (Or something along those lines).

/ Status of Everything Attachments #53  
We trust them with our money (sometimes companies we know little about), but they won't trust us with their product.
I'm not paying for it until I have it. Well, I'm not shipping it until it's paid for.
That's why I like to pick up and pay for stuff in person, although that's not always possible or practicle. I guess that is why Elon Musk did so well with PayPal.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #54  
After 14 years, EA discontinued their advertising here on TBN this month. While members are welcome to continue discussing the brand, the employees of EA will no longer be permitted to post links or use TBN to solicit sales in accordance with our forum guidelines. I'll leave this thread up. Hopefully EA will be back in an advertiser capacity at some point in the future.

Last edited:
   / Status of Everything Attachments #55  
I purchased a grapple from EA a couple of years ago. I did not like the full payment at order time. The reason, a company can go bankrupt and I would be the loser, estimated delivery was well beyond the credit card contest time. I have bought their products before and they are well made, well painted and I qualified for free delivery. I would feel better with a deposit and final payment at shipping time.

Kevin

Same here, I've actually ordered a couple things from them and to be honest I was quite anxious until they finally shipped. I'm just not going to do this anymore though.

After 14 years, EA discontinued their advertising here on TBN this month.....

Uh oh, needing to cut costs?

/ Status of Everything Attachments #56  
There's a tipping point where companies can make enough money to build in advance. That usually also comes with many fewer options. How many different styles, sizes, connections, colors are available? The guessing game of what people want on products that have high sunk costs is quite risky.

I'd like to see them at least get to 50% down and 40% at shipping and 10% on delivery. (Or something along those lines).
Sure.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #58  
After 14 years, EA discontinued their advertising here on TBN this month. While members are welcome to continue discussing the brand, the employees of EA will no longer be permitted to post links or use TBN to solicit sales in accordance with our forum guidelines. I'll leave this thread up. Hopefully EA will be back in an advertiser capacity at some point in the future.
That is disappointing. They moved a lot of product through this site. Bucket, grapple, forks and a landplane for me alone.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #59  

Yeah, the prepay requirement and long, imprecise wait time (always 3-4ish months) kept me from buying a grapple from them and purchasing from a different vendor. When I tried to buy a woodchipper from Woodmaxx it was out of stock and they put me on a list and would notify me when it was in stock with no money down. They then gave me a few days to decide if I wanted it or not. They would move on to the next name on the list if I decided not to buy. I bought it. Seems like a fair way to do business.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #60  
Maybe. Or maybe just cutting costs that are not economically beneficial for them. They are in business to make a profit.
Well, to the point you made about them being bashed here which is not true, I would think twice under the circumstances to order a very expensive grapple, payment upfront, and wait. They are in business to make money, and unfortunately sometimes that doesn't happen.