Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,272  
Yes but do you mount with the ground on top or bottom?
Also, do you put screw lines vertical or horizontal?
This is important stuff! 😉
Ground on top, of course! If you put it on bottom there's a risk of something falling across the terminals of the plug,* causing a short.
Next you will be asking us how to install a roll of toilet paper!!!

* assuming that you don't bother to plug it in properly.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,273  
Yes but do you mount with the ground on top or bottom?
Also, do you put screw lines vertical or horizontal?
This is important stuff! 😉
I mount them all sideways with the neutral lug down so as to not offend anyone. Plus one side has a short 6" male plug so it can go either way. It can even plug into itself, but I try not thinking about that. 😂

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,274  
Ground on top, of course! If you put it on bottom there's a risk of something falling across the terminals of the plug,* causing a short.
Next you will be asking us how to install a roll of toilet paper!!!

* assuming that you don't bother to plug it in properly.
Actually the electricians mantra is "ground is down the world around."

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,275  
I've had a frame slide down the wall and short out on the neutral and hot lug and it was glowing for a moment...

Don't think the short could have happened if ground was on top...

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,278  
I've always see the ground down in residential and up in commercial and hospitals. Ultrarunner?
The inspector wanted Ground Down at the Hospital...

Red signifies tied to emergency generator circuit and the green dot signifies hospital grade…

17094297041896608169202926809039.jpg

Last edited:
   / Status of Everything Attachments #1,279  
I always have put the ground down. And with the new angled cords ground up would be turning the cord up instead of nicely down close to the wall.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,280  
I always have put the ground down. And with the new angled cords ground up would be turning the cord up instead of nicely down close to the wall.
And ground up is code in some places (North Carolina when I was there) really messes up those angled plugs.