Started my tower stand today

/ Started my tower stand today #201  
I was thinking of two per side. The cheapest place I found locally for single hung windows was Mr. 2nds. Their new units and work fine.

I understand building on the cheap. When I built mine I used all the leftover windows we had laying around (screw ups from job sites) but I still had to buy two windows for the one wall. The door was a special Home Depot had for $99. The shingles were leftover from jobs as was the siding, soffit and metal.

I found some windows (they are replacement windows) listed on Craigslist:

Used double hung with screens
4 are 31 1/2" x 52 1/2"
3 are 30 1/2" x 53 1/2"

Do you think they would be too narrow? They are priced right (about $20 a piece) for me, unless you think they wouldn't work out very well?

/ Started my tower stand today
I would use them.

3 of the windows in my tower are replacements as well. Just need to make stops for them.

/ Started my tower stand today #204  
Thanks David, the windows are set at 3' off the floor and for me I found this to be ideal.

The windows themselves though depend on the area your building. My next tower will have all single hung units in the 3' width and between 3-4' high. You don't need much opening to shoot from. You just want to make sure the solid cross bar where the upper and lower sash meet is high enough to not be in your line of sight while you wait.

Robert,

I decided not to get the windows that I found on Craigslist, it would have been about a 4 hour round trip & the windows would have been less than ideal, plus my pickup was having some mechanical problems. Menards has some single hung windows (various sizes up to 36x48) on sale until the end of the month, $40 after rebate. I was thinking about doing 2 of the 36w x 48h per side as you suggested, but then started thinking that might be too much visiblity from the outside? My interior height is only going to be a little over 6'! Not sure what I am going to do now. But I would like to try & get it pretty much finished up this weekend. I have the roof purlins in place & was hoping to get the roofing in place & windows in this weekend. Thanks for any more input that you might have!

David

For that low of a building I would look for a slider with both sashes that move.

I'm done with the tower till I get a piece of commercial carpet to fit. Installed the storm door and a couple shelves today and finished the soffit under the floor. Also charged my phone from the solar system I installed. Now I'm thinking of following Eddie's advice on the coffee pot so I can make hot chocolate for Ava and myself while we are out there.

ForumRunner_20121026_182147.png

ForumRunner_20121026_182159.png

/ Started my tower stand today #209  
Howdy Robert ! Once again real nice project. Down the road might want to consider encloseing bottom part and renting it $. :laughing: ;)

Thanks again for shareing thread/pics ! :thumbsup:

Boone

/ Started my tower stand today #210  
When is deer season there? Are you seeing any good bucks? Keep us posted how your season goes!!!

Eddie