Started my tower stand today

/ Started my tower stand today
Its been a while but I am finally finishing the tower. I decided against enclosing the bottom section since it would have been limited to only parking a small atv under there. A utv is in my immediate future and there would not have been enough room for it. So I started siding the other day. I ran out of j channel so I didn't finish but it is looking better. Still need to stain the steps and install a storm door.

ForumRunner_20120831_084334.png

ForumRunner_20120831_084341.png

forgeblast said:
Very Nice Stand!!!

Thanks

Started staining the stairs and posts tonight. Ava was helping for a while but lost interest. Will try to finish staining tomorrow.

ForumRunner_20120831_200528.png

Closer view

ForumRunner_20120831_200534.png

/ Started my tower stand today #184  
Thanks

Started staining the stairs and posts tonight. Ava was helping for a while but lost interest. Will try to finish staining tomorrow.

View attachment 278733

Closer view
View attachment 278734

Yes no doubt about it, like others have stated very nice indeed. :thumbsup:
But once again don't forget to install doorbell for the "Chinese and Pizza delievery man" since your going to be roughen it ! :D

:thumbsup:

Boone

Yes no doubt about it, like others have stated very nice indeed. :thumbsup:
But once again don't forget to install doorbell for the "Chinese and Pizza delievery man" since your going to be roughen it ! :D

:thumbsup:

Boone

I'm still trying to decide on a power system for the tower. Solar seems to be the most logical option but the battery is what bothers me. Its just going to sit unused for 10-11 months out of the year and I would want to build an isulated box to store the battery in outside of the main room. I would love to just be able to tap into the high tension lines running almost over head but I don't think National Grid would be willing to allow that. Definitley could run a microwave off of that system and even a mini fridge. Nothing says roughing it like opening the mini fridge for a cold drink (mountain dew) while the frozen pizza cooks in the mic.

/ Started my tower stand today #186  
I'm still trying to decide on a power system for the tower. Solar seems to be the most logical option but the battery is what bothers me. Its just going to sit unused for 10-11 months out of the year and I would want to build an isulated box to store the battery in outside of the main room. I would love to just be able to tap into the high tension lines running almost over head but I don't think National Grid would be willing to allow that. Definitley could run a microwave off of that system and even a mini fridge. Nothing says roughing it like opening the mini fridge for a cold drink (mountain dew) while the frozen pizza cooks in the mic.

Robert, Maybe National Grid is giving you enough flux to excite a generator! Try waving a coil of wire around with a 12 volt bulb attached. :laughing:

Looks nice. I will be driving past there in October, I always think of you when I pass the Silver Creek exit on the NY Thru-way.

Robert, Maybe National Grid is giving you enough flux to excite a generator! Try waving a coil of wire around with a 12 volt bulb attached. :laughing:

Looks nice. I will be driving past there in October, I always think of you when I pass the Silver Creek exit on the NY Thru-way.

I have actually considered that. You can hear the lines buzzing when the weather is right and all I can think of is trying to capture the static electricity (excuse me if that isn't the proper term) somehow and turn it into the power source for the tower. You can easily see my tower from the 90, of course I am hoping it blends in more with the green siding but I am sure it will still be noticeable if you look out the window of your car :)

/ Started my tower stand today #188  
Robert, sure turned out nice!!! You could "rent out" that condo!!!!

/ Started my tower stand today #189  
Looks awesome. Did you stain the steps green?

When I stained mine, I mixed several almost empty stain cans together. Different brands, sheens and colors to get something dark that looked pretty good.

I was looking into the solar set up. There are all sorts of things you can get that plug into a cigarette lighter. I thing Overtons, the boat people had the best selection that last time I looked. The idea of making a fresh pot of coffee while in the blind really had the wheels spinning!!!!

Eddie

I used all my extra stains up on my hay wagons and other wood decked trailers. So for this I needed to buy stain and decided to go with the green tinted stain from Home Depot by Behr. I have never used this type before but it seemed to cover well and hopefully it will hold up well. I do like the green look though as it really makes the tower blend in.

My big desire for power is actually to be able to charge my phone and run a small fan. Maybe even be able to charge my laptop if I really decide to move out there. So it won't be a huge draw.