Starship News

/ Starship News
Raptor V 3 (newest iteration) has broken all previous test records. Now achieving 350 bar or 269 tons of thrust.

With the 33 engines at full power the next gen super heavy booster could be able to produce 19.5 million lb of thrust.

This will dwarf the Saturn V thrust of 7.6 million lb thrust. Also the new Raptors are also the lightest integrated Rocket engine by power to weight.

Raptor 2's to be used for the next flight tests, at least so far No mention the V3 being used in the near future. But the proof of concept "Bar" has been raised again.

/ Starship News #72  
350 bar is over 5,000 PSI. That's a lot of pressure in something that's built to be as light as possible. If a combustion chamber fails on one, it will be a BAD thing.

/ Starship News
Possible Planning for end of August launch, With lawsuits unresolved this should be interesting

/ Starship News
SpaceX on track to launch 80% of ALL mass to space this year

Starship.
Hot staging test prototype ring installed, made from extra parts is now installed.

According to Musk this could add another 10% mass to space as well by increasing efficiency since the booster can still be firing while Starship fires and separates from the booster.

/ Starship News
Starship almost ready for another firing test of the 33 Raptor booster engines.

India successfully lands Chandrayaan 3 in the south Pole region of the Moon.
Quite an accomplishment and makes it clear, whether USA / NASA or private US based corporations do or don't pursue scientific interests on the moon, others actively are.
After watching coverage of the India moon landing event, Best Wishes for SpaceX and other NASA ongoing efforts.

Congrats to the Indian team.

Last few seconds of the Angry astronauts coverage of the south pole landing

/ Starship News #77  
I saw an image of people in India watching the landing. There was this little girl who had this look of amazement and happiness on her face. Simply precious.

I wish photos had been taken of my third grade class as we watched one of the Apollo launches. I wonder what emotions we had on our faces....

/ Starship News #78  
The images of Starship with people on it, or in it, really show how HUGE it is. Course, Musk wants this to carry 100 people at a time so it has to be big. The fleet that will invade Mars will be huge! 😁

/ Starship News #80  
But the Russians beat them to it, in depth. :)
Sure, but I don't think the Russians are getting any data back frm Luna 25. It had a bit a rough landing, at several kilometers per second.