Starrett Factory Tour. Mindblowing!

/ Starrett Factory Tour. Mindblowing! #1  

Industrial Toys

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota R510 Wheel Loader + Cab and backhoe, JD 6200 Open Station, Cushman 6150, 4x4, ten foot 56 hp Kubota diesel hydraulic wing mower, Steiner 430 Diesel Max, Kawasaki Diesel Mule, JD 4x2 Electric Gator
   / Starrett Factory Tour. Mindblowing! #2  
Nice video. It's interesting to see how the tools we use are made. I never really thought too much about the process....too busy working. Old machines and buildings but clean and kept up...nice.

Here is a place that makes some of the smallest end mills and cutting tools:

Performance Micro Tool - Carbide Micro End Mills, Routers, Drills

/ Starrett Factory Tour. Mindblowing!
The unsung heroes that make out society work. And they don't make six figures, wear Armani suits or attand Bilderburger Meetings. It never ceases to amaze me how some people are so smart and full of kwowledge and others so dumb. Like the guy at the Supermarket that doesn know and doesn't care where the croutons are! lol

/ Starrett Factory Tour. Mindblowing! #4  
I will say for tradesman who don't realize how undervalued they are, life will be happier. Once you realize how the "game" is structured, get into offices and find out just how little people really know that are making many multiples of skilled laborers, it can really put a nasty burden on someone.

The people who have the deepest knowledge are rarely the ones who are compensated the most. If money is the goal, smoke and mirrors is how it's made, not deep knowledge of areas of expertise. This applies to so many trades.

I used to sell industrial supplies, always loved Starrett, machinist tools and supplies are just super cool.

How win, loose or draw, the CEOs get obscene bonuses! Even as thousands of hard working people loose their livlihoods. Gotta love the system.

/ Starrett Factory Tour. Mindblowing! #6  
have plenty of their stuff. When I started in late '70's, a Starrett scale (ruler) was about $1/per inch.

/ Starrett Factory Tour. Mindblowing! #7  
They closed down the factory in North Charleston.. don't know why..but I too like their tools.. quality w/o question..

/ Starrett Factory Tour. Mindblowing! #8  
Thank you IT. An amazing video.

A friend is a Sterrett Enthusiast. Sent him the link. He says he has Sterrett stuff marked China. Not saying that's bad, but it both surprises and disapppoints me based on the video. With the prices they command, can they not afford to stay in country? I mean, if they can't, nobody can.