Starlink

/ Starlink #3,891  
Thanks, yes. I have a tracking number on the roaming and should be here very soon.

I will always wonder if ordering the roaming triggered a bump up the list or if this is completely random...I suppose there's an extremely outside chance my goddaughter heard through the family grapevine and asked hubby to look into it. I just don't think/know if he has that kind of pull. He's an EE, not into customer service or any of that. Then again, I don't know the company culture. I would never ask him to intervene despite the temptation.

/ Starlink #3,892  
Box arrived a bit ago. I reached out to see what to do. It sounded like I could just use the app to change, but the option isn't there. I think it would be counting me twice and another spot isn't available.

/ Starlink #3,893  
Box arrived a bit ago. I reached out to see what to do. It sounded like I could just use the app to change, but the option isn't there. I think it would be counting me twice and another spot isn't available.
Congratulations!

I would the app to get to support. Since you already have a slot, it isn't just buying a second one. I might also try via billing.

All the best,

Peter

/ Starlink #3,895  
We hauled the 5th wheel from Colorado to my in-laws here in Indiana. On the 2nd night our campsite neighbor looked up & said "Oh, starlink". Sure enough there was a Congo line of 22 dots trucking across the sky. Think it was 1 or 2 nights after the launch on the 8th. Was really cool to see. Grabbed a photo, but it's pretty poor as I only had a minute or 2 before they disappeared behind a tree after they were spotted.

Service here in Merriville had issues on the ground. Moved the dish ontop of a 2 story shed & its been fine. Just downloaded a game at 200 megabit. Been on Zoom for a training all week with only a couple minor hiccups (most of those was my laptop as well as my phone was fine during the hiccups). I had a residential account + portability. I think it's still flagged that way, but they have messed with the plans since I looked at things.

As a gamer & IT professional I'm going to be more discerning than most on internet quality. It's plenty ok for me most of the time. I'd rather have wired, but can't beat the portability we need on occasion.

Most people really don't care about bandwidth either. 50megabit is plenty for streaming video, zoom & gaming. Connection stability & latency (ping) is more important than bandwidth.

/ Starlink #3,896  
Ok, that was easy. I am coming to you via Starlink. For now, sitting in my garage as my house is not quite finished...you can follow that saga on another thread.

My only other option before now was to be outside and even then it was 2 bars max on cell service. Gaming and such can wait. I'm happy to have basic communication and research indoors! For the record it says I'm getting 102 Mbps.

/ Starlink #3,897  
Forgot to upload the photo... Really dark & the flash didnt help, but you can see the line above the tree.
1000001119.jpg

/ Starlink #3,898  
Very cool. Being so far from Civilization (pun intended) I may be able to see some out here.

/ Starlink #3,899  
Hey, guys, I am very interested in the reliability issues. I teach online, so I cannot have my Internet service go down for even a second. How often do you get old is it and how long do they last?

/ Starlink #3,900  
Apparently they just switched it for me. I thought the dish thingy was different.

Either way, I have a project and perhaps internet soon!
Woo hooo! That's awesome!

Congratulations!!!