Starlink

/ Starlink #3,451  
Yep, have done that. The weather station needs 2.4. You also have to turn off mesh to add it. It’s been on the network before and suddenly stopped working. The guidance is reboot router, didn’t work, next try reattach to network. Something has changed.
Does (can?) the weather station have a fixed IP address, or does it do DHCP?

All the best, Peter

/ Starlink #3,452  
Does (can?) the weather station have a fixed IP address, or does it do DHCP?

All the best, Peter

DHCP is short answer.
It has a configuration app, you connect to proper 2.4Ghz home network with phone, open the app, put weather station in broadcast mode, switch phone to weather station network, then it sees the ssid of the router network and you enter password. It connects to home network and your phone switches back to home network. It acts like it works, except never lists the network it’s connected to, and weather data isn’t getting transmitted.
You have to have mesh units off during setup.

/ Starlink #3,453  
Got the notification email about price change. In oversubscribed areas increase to $120. In undersubscribed, decrease to $90. I get boosted to $120. Business wise it makes sense. I shall get the popcorn and watch people rail about it.

/ Starlink #3,454  
Got the notification email about price change. In oversubscribed areas increase to $120. In undersubscribed, decrease to $90. I get boosted to $120. Business wise it makes sense. I shall get the popcorn and watch people rail about it.
Starlink Logo
The Starlink monthly service for residential customers is changing as follows:

• $10 increase in areas with limited capacity. New price will be $120/month.
  • $20 decrease in areas with excess capacity. New price will be $90/month.

As a current customer in an area with limited capacity, your monthly service price will increase to $120/month beginning April 24, 2023. For new customers in your area, the price increase is effective immediately.

If you do not wish to continue service, you can cancel at any time on your account page. Your Starlink hardware can be returned for a full refund within 30 days of purchase, or a partial refund of $250 within 12 months of purchase.

As the SpaceX team launches more satellites to increase capacity, the Starlink team is making continuous network updates to improve performance over time. Thanks for being a customer and for your continued support of Starlink!

/ Starlink #3,455  

Got it too. I could live without the price increase but I can live with it too. The service is still worth the price.

/ Starlink #3,456  
RV is going to $150

Didn’t know you could return equipment for partial money back. Maybe I’ll just return my RV unit.

/ Starlink #3,457  
I'm, not okay with the price increase structure. When I signed up last year it was on a price increase. Now a price increase because no more people can fit on his now maximum capacity service which sucks right now when all his customers are on it at once. Plus there is a data limit. all this to fund people in outlying areas so Elon can bait more customers in and jack their rates up later too. Too bad, it could have been so nice.

/ Starlink #3,458  
Yep, just got the same notice. I waited 18 months to get the service, and saw a price increase even before it was installed. And month to month I've seen speeds drop to the point now that I get buffering when streaming videos, just like with the HughesNet service Starlink replaced. It would be a different story if performance actually increased. Now I'm feeling punished because I live in an area with no other choice than satellite internet, and just like HughesNet, WildBlue, and Exede before it, Starlink is oversubscribing the service and I'm suffering the consequences.

/ Starlink #3,459  
Yep, I got the notice as well. My speeds have fallen way off and I get to pay more now. Did anyone actually get the rate decrease?

It would not be so bad but they controlled who could sign up and when. Now too many in my area so they hope some will leave? I was getting 13mbps down last night and 192mbps down this morning. Are they throttling it back in peak times?

/ Starlink #3,460  
I was driving home yesterday and saw a two huge spools of fiber(found out later it was fiber) on our road. Apparently they are running fiber. A local state rep has been taking frontier to task in the paper. Has over 400 documented complaints and im sure more on the way about their service.
Wife and I both agree we are sticking with starlink. Very happy with it and do not want to give any more money to frontier.