Starlink

/ Starlink #3,411  
I have rented a house for the last year, where I get T mobile 5G. if I could get that where the house we built is, I would keep it. But that will not happen for ten years. The only option I have for decent internet is my Starlink. averaging about 45g download the last few months. I am extremely happy with that.
Do you have standard residential Starlink service or 'best effort'? Did you mean 45 Mb/s speed average or averaging 45GB of data per month? If the former, and you're not on 'best effort', do you have any obstructions? 45 Mb/s is low for standard residential service.

/ Starlink #3,412  
Do you have standard residential Starlink service or 'best effort'? Did you mean 45 Mb/s speed average or averaging 45GB of data per month? If the former, and you're not on 'best effort', do you have any obstructions? 45 Mb/s is low for standard residential service.
I got Starlink residential service about 1 year ago. At that point my download speeds were in the 170-190Mb/s range with an occasional bump up to 225ish. Over time my speeds dropped to 25-50 Mb/s range, I'm guessing due to oversatuation of service. About 3 weeks ago my dishy reoriented from pointing N to pointing E and my download speeds have increased to the 140-160Mb/s range.

/ Starlink #3,413  
I got Starlink residential service about 1 year ago. At that point my download speeds were in the 170-190Mb/s range with an occasional bump up to 225ish. Over time my speeds dropped to 25-50 Mb/s range, I'm guessing due to oversatuation of service. About 3 weeks ago my dishy reoriented from pointing N to pointing E and my download speeds have increased to the 140-160Mb/s range.
Interesting. I hadn't heard of anyone on standard residential service being below about 75 Mb/s on an average basis. Also interesting that the dish reoriented and has better speeds. Cool.

/ Starlink #3,414  

45Mbps is awesome compared to anything else available. My best effort is currently 73 Mbps.

/ Starlink #3,415  
Interesting. I hadn't heard of anyone on standard residential service being below about 75 Mb/s on an average basis. Also interesting that the dish reoriented and has better speeds. Cool.
The discussions have it that a good deal of the coasts are oversold causing congestion which is limiting speeds. Folks on the east coast are having their dishy's moved so they are pointed east over the Atlantic to take advantage of the satellites there that aren't being used and folks on the west coast are having their dishy's pointed west over the Pacific for the same reasons.

/ Starlink #3,416  
45Mbps is awesome compared to anything else available. My best effort is currently 73 Mbps.
It may well be awesome compared to other available ISPs, but it isn't in line with what I know of from Starlink residential, generally. Just asking him in the hopes of being able to find out if his setup has something that can be improved upon.

/ Starlink #3,417  
The discussions have it that a good deal of the coasts are oversold causing congestion which is limiting speeds. Folks on the east coast are having their dishy's moved so they are pointed east over the Atlantic to take advantage of the satellites there that aren't being used and folks on the west coast are having their dishy's pointed west over the Pacific for the same reasons.
I hadn't heard that yet.

/ Starlink #3,418  
It may well be awesome compared to other available ISPs, but it isn't in line with what I know of from Starlink residential, generally. Just asking him in the hopes of being able to find out if his setup has something that can be improved upon.

He has best effort also, and no other options where he is.

/ Starlink #3,419  
When I first got my Starlink it was blazing fast. However for the last several months it is just fast. I just ran a couple of speed tests on it had 74 Mbps, 52 Mbps and 49 Mbps down load my upload was between 7 and 11 Mbps. This about what I have seen for the last several months and is quite functional for me. My wife can VPN in for work with minimal issues I can browse and watch videos if desired and we stream a bit of TV some evenings.
Seems like a lot people on various forums and groups get upset when someone posts actual speed that don't correspond to the hype.

Edited; to add I am not on "best effort"