Starlink

/ Starlink #2,091  
If you read the Amazon reviews on the Microtik, there are a couple that mention rain. I also saw a couple of others but I don't remember the website.

They are out of stock on Amazon right now but I have them on my wish list.

Thanks again for all the help!

/ Starlink #2,092  

Sounds like Starlink is getting beefed up for Mars use.

/ Starlink #2,093  
Well almost a 3 hour outage this morning with Starlink.

/ Starlink #2,095  
   / Starlink #2,096  
That hasn't arrived yet, must be on a slow boat from china.
FedEx says my replacement is on the truck currently in Tennessee today for delivery on Thursday. It left California Friday.

/ Starlink #2,097  
when I look at other Musk companies (Tesla automotive, Tesla solar, Tesla Powerwalls), none of them seem to have customer service departments that have a recent history of being responsive.
Time will tell if providing minimal customer service is a wise business approach.

If a brand becomes tarnished due to poor after-sale support, it is very costly to repair that image. Repair of that damage can be more costly than if you had funded customer service a little better in the beginning.

/ Starlink #2,099  
Still chugging away with frontier at a whopping 1.5mps, hoping for that starlink golden ticket soon.
Our Golden Ticket arrived last week. 🕺:LOL: Starlink went down at 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning after it was setup, I assume doing an software update. Since then it has been rock solid. The router said there were a couple of 2 second or less disruptions but we could not tell. We do have a slight obstruction in one direction very low on the horizon so I assume that was the cause of signal loss.

We will keep our 1.5 mbps DSL lines for a bit longer and then cancel.

We have been using a cell base Internet connection, which we will keep as a backup to Starlink, since it does not cost that much on our cell plan. The cell based Internet was pretty good but it is night and day different with Starlink.

The FedEx driver said he had 17 Dishy's on the truck that morning for delivery and we heard that other people in the county were also getting their orders a week or so prior to us. Hopefully, you will get your order soon.

Later,
Dan

/ Starlink #2,100  
Time will tell if providing minimal customer service is a wise business approach.

If a brand becomes tarnished due to poor after-sale support, it is very costly to repair that image. Repair of that damage can be more costly than if you had funded customer service a little better in the beginning.
I agree.

I don't think it is a trivial decision for a company. What I wrestle with is that if the trade off is increasing revenue to improve scale and profitability (I.e. survival) at the cost of customer service, what is the right thing to do. Elon has made his bet, and in the short term it seems to be working. When one is the only game in town, one can abuse that position.

Overseas, I remember a certain tire company had a monopoly on where we lived. The tires were terrible, 17 flats in six weeks terrible. After the 17th, my dad bought "new" Michelins stripped off some car being imported. One flat in two years- a three inch nail. And I have never, ever, bought tires from that certain tire company. Not worth the pain.

All the best,

Peter