Starlink

/ Starlink #1,531  
When you checked for obstructions with the Starlink app what did you get for % of obstructions? When I check I get anywhere from 1.32 % to 2.86 % depending on where I test from. Is that higher than what you got, I have several trees showing up in gray area. Thanks
I got mine on the roof with volcano mount and flashing mount kit. It had an obstruction every 21 seconds when I had it in the ground. Even with that Netflix and Amazon prime streamed without interruption. I got an apple tv subscription to watch Foundation and it would freeze up every 3-5 minutes and then not remember the spot and start over from the beginning. Very annoying! Now that it's on the roof appletv works without problems and I still have one tree to take down to clear up the east edge of the sky for it, but it's no hurry since things are working so well.

/ Starlink #1,532  
When you checked for obstructions with the Starlink app what did you get for % of obstructions? When I check I get anywhere from 1.32 % to 2.86 % depending on where I test from. Is that higher than what you got, I have several trees showing up in gray area. Thanks
Weird, when I do the check sky app it doesn't give me a percentage, it tells me the expected minutes between outages..I'd guess I have at least that much blockage. There are some tree tops in the east and west edges if the sky area. When I had it on the ground it was WAY more than 3%, the Starlink app would show 8-10hours of outages per 24hr period! Even with that it would stream without interruption...

Last edited:
   / Starlink #1,533  
I use a couple of those, fair warning, you will get drop off from them.
Yes. So you connect the several devices that really need speed directly to the router that can only handle 10 devices. Things like your smart lights and stuff you connect to the secondary router. They don't need the higher speeds and lower ping times.

/ Starlink #1,534  
Weird, when I do the check sky app it doesn't give me a percentage, it tells me the expected minutes between outages..I'd guess I have at least that much blockage. There are some tree tops in the east and west edges if the sky area. When I had it on the ground it was WAY more than 3%, the Starlink app would show 8-10hours of outages per 24hr period! Even with that it would stream without interruption...
I just downloaded the app on Friday, maybe they have changed it some. When I check for obstructions it has you move the cell phone around till it reaches 100% then you wait till it processes the data and then it tells you you might want to find a different location. It has a red bar above the main wording that if you tap it , it will tell you frequent interruptions in 4 categories and below the 4 categories you have ___ % obstructions. When I am scanning it shows a good many tree tops in the gray area. Today I tries several more locations and my lowest came up .60 % obstructions 1 category came up good the second had a few interruptions and the last 2 said frequent interruptions. I may have to get the chainsaw to work on several trees. Hope to hear from others .

/ Starlink #1,535  
I just downloaded the app on Friday, maybe they have changed it some. When I check for obstructions it has you move the cell phone around till it reaches 100% then you wait till it processes the data and then it tells you you might want to find a different location. It has a red bar above the main wording that if you tap it , it will tell you frequent interruptions in 4 categories and below the 4 categories you have ___ % obstructions. When I am scanning it shows a good many tree tops in the gray area. Today I tries several more locations and my lowest came up .60 % obstructions 1 category came up good the second had a few interruptions and the last 2 said frequent interruptions. I may have to get the chainsaw to work on several trees. Hope to hear from others .
Where I mounted it it, app said I had an obstruction every 4 mins and suggested I try another location, but that was the best location I had so I used it. The app showed the count down to 100% while scanning, but never gives me a % obstructed. It's works though!

/ Starlink #1,536  
Finally paid a deposit today. They gave me early to mid 2022 estimate. I should have ordered earlier but I'm a procrastinator.

Kevin

/ Starlink #1,537  
Finally paid a deposit today. They gave me early to mid 2022 estimate. I should have ordered earlier but I'm a procrastinator.

Kevin
You may have missed the boat, lol.

I ordered mine in Feb 2021 and was told mid to late 2021 and I still have not received more information or the dish. Won't be long before I run out of 2021. Hope your luck is better than mine.

/ Starlink #1,538  
I pre-ordered last February, my account still shows mid to late '21. I've found out I can get T-Mobil 5G internet so if nothing happens with Starlink pretty soon I may go with T Mobil at least for a while until Starlink is up and running.

/ Starlink
#1,539  
Starlink has redesigned its dish. Shape has changed from circle to rectangle. $500 price hasn't changed.

SpaceX Unveils Redesigned Second-Gen Starlink Dish

06VXmntD97BZrLeI7BQtgc1-3.fit_lim.size_768x.png

/ Starlink #1,540  
Starlink has redesigned its dish. Shape has changed from circle to rectangle. $500 price hasn't changed.

SpaceX Unveils Redesigned Second-Gen Starlink Dish

06VXmntD97BZrLeI7BQtgc1-3.fit_lim.size_768x.png
Curious to see what the power usage is on the new dish. Sucks wired Ethernet is moving to an add-on device instead of integrated.

I plan on using it when doi g some RV traveling, whenever they permit mobile or semi-mobile use. The 75-120 watts the current one pulls isn't super great if you are running off batteries.