Starlink

/ Starlink #1,471  
I live in northeastern PA. When I go on the Starlink home page and enter my address, it also says "early to mid 2022" However, when I sign on to my Starlink account, it still says "mid to late 2021" ??

Unfortunately, I suspect the dates have slipped well into 2022.
Mine said the same, mid to late 2021 and address was much later. Then i got email to place order for equipment.

/ Starlink #1,473  
I just checked on my pre-order. I’m still getting this:

Starlink is targeting coverage in your area in mid to late 2021.

Fingers crossed.

/ Starlink #1,475  
My date is still mid-to-late 2021 but my account page is now showing an account number that I had not seen before. Also is allowing you to shop, not sure if you could actually place an order. I'm hopeful!

/ Starlink #1,476  
My date is still mid to late 2021 after I sign in and it gives you the option to shop for different mounts but it will not let you order yet. Hope that means getting close

/ Starlink #1,477  
Mine just slipped from late 2021 on Friday to this today;

"Starlink expects to expand service in your area by late 2022 to early 2023."

This is a huge disappointment to put it mildly. No cell service either.

I just finished laying new Ethernet cables and a radio point to point link for Starlink, so that it would be done before winter. Talk about counting chickens before they hatch.

All the best,

Peter

/ Starlink #1,478  
It says early to mid 2022 for me. That will work well since the house will not be up until then anyway.

/ Starlink #1,479  
Sattelite launches are no small deal. Delays are common in the industry. That, and just the technology itself is why things are slow. Massive new undertaking takes time. In some ways, i am surprised and impressed Starlink is at the point it is already!

Patience young padwans; patience. Good things come to those who patiently search.

/ Starlink #1,480  
Mine just slipped from late 2021 on Friday to this today;

"Starlink expects to expand service in your area by late 2022 to early 2023."

This is a huge disappointment to put it mildly. No cell service either.

I just finished laying new Ethernet cables and a radio point to point link for Starlink, so that it would be done before winter. Talk about counting chickens before they hatch.

All the best,

Peter

For someone who is not knowledgeable about networking, can you explain the radio point to point as it relates to using Starlink?