Starlink

/ Starlink #1,972  
I paid for my kit today. Madison Georgia, an hour East of Atlanta.

They said it will ship within 2 weeks. Time to square away my displays because DIRECTV is fired.

/ Starlink #1,973  
   / Starlink #1,974  
The dish will adjust itself once in awhile, mine has realigned itself at least twice by just a bit
I need to move my mount a few feet futher North some day as my chimney is an obstruction some days.

/ Starlink #1,975  
Could he not have laid on the ground to scan with his phone?
No, you need to hold the phone in the exact position you want to test for obstructions. It basically has to be right where the dish will be to get an accurate assessment. So if you want to find out if a spot on your roof is clear you need to be on the roof and hold the phone about 2' off the roof at that spot and then pan it around to assess.

Rob

/ Starlink #1,976  
What is the latency on your speedtest
I know you're not asking me specifically, but I've had Starlink for about a year and I've paid attention to a lot of discussion about it. My stats, which are pretty consistent with others, are usually in the neighborhood of 25-40ms latency. I use my connection for about every possible thing you could imagine, including having two people working from home full time over VPNs, using streaming video conferences, VOIP, SSH sessions, etc. and it works superbly.

/ Starlink #1,977  
I paid for my kit today. Madison Georgia, an hour East of Atlanta.

They said it will ship within 2 weeks. Time to square away my displays because DIRECTV is fired.

Lucky you. I know a fellow near Eastman, Ga who placed his order last March and just got the email to pay the remainder. Which he did right away. He says they told him he should have it in 2 weeks. I placed my order last Feb but am still waiting here in the great Pacific Northwest. Their site now says mid 2022 for me but they told me late 2021 earlier so who knows...

/ Starlink #1,978  
No, you need to hold the phone in the exact position you want to test for obstructions. It basically has to be right where the dish will be to get an accurate assessment. So if you want to find out if a spot on your roof is clear you need to be on the roof and hold the phone about 2' off the roof at that spot and then pan it around to assess.

Rob

He was testing locations on the ground also. As for the roof, could he not lay down up there? Serious question, I’ll need to do this myself.

The new version has no Ethernet port. You have to pay $20 for a dongle that is back ordered.

https://youtu.be/MDvwwpX1y9g

/ Starlink #1,979  
He was testing locations on the ground also. As for the roof, could he not lay down up there? Serious question, I’ll need to do this myself.

The new version has no Ethernet port. You have to pay $20 for a dongle that is back ordered.

You could lay down on the roof if you can still position the phone where the dish is intended to go. It's all about the phone's position.

/ Starlink #1,980  
Did you guys see this?

Elon Musk's SpaceX says a a geomagnetic storm wiped out 40 of the 49 Starlink satellites it launched into orbit last week

www.businessinsider.com.ico
Business Insider|28 minutes ago
SpaceX said 80% of the satellites it launched Thursday are expected to burn up in the Earth's atmosphere instead of reaching orbit.