Spraying RM43 for weed control

/ Spraying RM43 for weed control #1  

Unhitched

Tractor
JD 4310
I hope that this is the right place for this. I purchased a 90 gallon fimco 3pt sprayer and I am just getting ready to do my first go crazy spraying, I am going to purchase a new 2.5 gallon RM43 and I just want to confirm my calculations are correct, according to the directions this should make 53.3 gallons at the recommended broadcast mixing rate? is this what everyone is using? is there a more effective/cheaper option? Also I am planning on using some red dye to mark where I sprayed

this seems like it will work and is much cheaper than the spray dye they sell at tractor supply

/ Spraying RM43 for weed control #2  
I don't use any dye. I try to spray when it is wet enough I can see the tire mark from the last pass

/ Spraying RM43 for weed control #3  
I hope that this is the right place for this. I purchased a 90 gallon fimco 3pt sprayer and I am just getting ready to do my first go crazy spraying, I am going to purchase a new 2.5 gallon RM43 and I just want to confirm my calculations are correct, according to the directions this should make 53.3 gallons at the recommended broadcast mixing rate? is this what everyone is using? is there a more effective/cheaper option? Also I am planning on using some red dye to mark where I sprayed

this seems like it will work and is much cheaper than the spray dye they sell at tractor supply
I have 3 documents if you are interested. TBN will not allow the attaching of pdfs. DM me if you are interested in:
Calibrations, Calculations, Conversions.pdf. associated with mixing herbicides, insecticides, etc
HERBICIDE COMMON-TRADE NAME Cross Reference.pdf
Weed & Crop Susceptibility to Herbicides- E-2833.pdf

/ Spraying RM43 for weed control #5  
Old and Tired,

Items 1 and 3 are exactly what my pdfs are. Item 2 is so close that it is equivalent.

Thanks a bunch and I hope this helps Unhitched.
I frequently save a pdf to hard drive but don't indicate url in the comments for the file. I probably have the urls bookmarked but finding a specific bookmark can be tedious given the quantity.

Again, much appreciated

/ Spraying RM43 for weed control
The reason I am planing on using some dye is that I am not that good at judging how wide the spray pattern is past the tires, also there are alot of places I need to come back and do with the wand as it is closer to plants I want to keep. thanks for the pdfs I will look over them!

/ Spraying RM43 for weed control #7  
You know this kills everything for a year!!! Are you making a parking lot?

As for the "mix" rate and your "53.3 gallons" - that is if your sprayer output is 53.3 gallons to the acre (which I don't think it could be). If your sprayer puts out (a more likely amount) 25 gallons per acre. You could just spray over the area twice.

The rate is really high at 2.5 gallons per acre (RoundUp is 32 oz per acre (@ high rate)). This is stuff you want to use on driveways... It's also, pretty expensive! This is more Vegetative growth control (not just weeds).

I have about 3/4 a mile of driveway I was planning to spray and maybe a mile or so of electric fence line, not really sure how much I am going to need, as this is my first time I will probably mix up 25 gallons (1.25 gallons) of RM 43 and go from there, I have used a backpack sprayer in the past a little at a time but I would guess I use at least 10 backpacks worth typically. I have 1/2 mile of road frontage I could spray if i have a lot left, so I am not too worried about making too much. just want to make sure I am not off by a factor of 10.

/ Spraying RM43 for weed control #9  
Unhitched,

I had a look at the RM 43, which is essentially Glyphosate (43%) and another herbicide, Imazapyr, that acts as pre-emergent herbicide and a wetting agent at $110 per gallon. You might consider straight Glyphosate at $50 per gallon. I use the below on 3/8 mile long driveway and control/ elimination of bird spread poison ivy. Birds like to eat the poison ivy berries and poop them out. I get to play hide and seek with the poison ivy.
Glyphosate knocks down pretty much everything except for Mares Tail. Use Triclopyr ( inexpensive herbicide ) on the Mares Tail.

Unhitched,

I had a look at the RM 43, which is essentially Glyphosate (43%) and another herbicide, Imazapyr, that acts as pre-emergent herbicide and a wetting agent at $110 per gallon. You might consider straight Glyphosate at $50 per gallon. I use the below on 3/8 mile long driveway and control/ elimination of bird spread poison ivy. Birds like to eat the poison ivy berries and poop them out. I get to play hide and seek with the poison ivy.
Glyphosate knocks down pretty much everything except for Mares Tail. Use Triclopyr ( inexpensive herbicide ) on the Mares Tail.

I typically use Glyphosate under tree canopies or closer to plants I want to keep, that said it is more expensive locally here(after looking I typically buy 53%) that the RM43, and the RM43 lasts for a year so it means I need to spray less, thanks for the amazon link, that seems way cheaper than what I am paying locally but after some research I think I might start using RM 18 instead, it seems like it works like straight glyphosate, but acts faster and costs less because the concentration is quite a bit lower I think?