Splitting a 3510

/ Splitting a 3510 #1  

metalchomper

Tractor
Branson 3510
My 3510 decided it won't move anymore. I've had to adjust the clutch many times. I was doing a little work with it yesterday and when I went to move forward with a buck full of dirt, it started to move and stopped. The clutch now feels easier to push like something let go. When in neutral, I can hear what sounds like normal gear noise in the trans but it won't move. I did check and wiggle all the linkages including the 4wd lever. I believe the clutch is finally gone. I've pushed this tractor too hard over the years. I've pushed over a bunch of trees with the stump bucket and I believe either the clutch has failed or something worse in the drivetrain. Anyone ever split one of these? Any tips, pictures, or videos?

/ Splitting a 3510 #2  
Sounds like the clutch to me as well. How many hours on it now?

/ Splitting a 3510 #3  
Before splitting the tractor check your clutch adjustment and look for part of the linkage that possibly came undone. When a clutch fails it usually gives some warning like slipping in higher gears. A failed clutch does not necessarily get easier to depress.

/ Splitting a 3510 #4  
well it could be your clutch, but from what your saying it possible the clutch rod broke, i would be hard pressed to say it was the clutch assembly right away as it was working before then just stopped, i would look at your linkages at the clutch pedal and see what may be broken.