Spliteze hydraulic pumps

/ Spliteze hydraulic pumps #1  

muddstopper

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ventrac, Steiner
Can anybody give me the full specs on the 22gpm pump from spliteze Hydraulic log splitter 2 stage pump

I replaced the 4in cyl on my splitter with a 5in bore and of course this slowed down splitting speed considerably. I found the spliteze pumps for a pretty good price, but their web site doesnt exactly give the important spec info I want to look at before I purchase. Things like Manufactor, low and high pressure ,and are these adjustable. Be nice to know shaft size as well encase I need to order a coupling half if the new pump has a different shaft size than my current pump. I called their number but havnt heard back from them, of course its is saturday and they might not be open.

/ Spliteze hydraulic pumps #2  
Not sure which model you where looking at but while scrolling down they sell the cast iron Haldex Barnes which are a name brand made in Rockford, IL. The Aluminum bodied pumps I would expect are foreign made.

/ Spliteze hydraulic pumps
I am looking at the pricebuster 22gpm for $195. I cant tell if its a Dyn or some other brand. It looks like a castiron body and possibly a Haldex clone. If it is a dynamic, it should match the dynamic specs at surplus center. I am thinking it is a Dynamic, but know nothing about the quality of that brand of pump. A Bargain isnt a bargain if it only lasts for a season or two.

Edit to add: After posting this Spliteze called me back. the pump is a haldex clone import. Pretty much what I expected. It is the same pump that Spliteze uses on their splitters. I went ahead and ordered the 28gpm figureing if it pushes my cylinder to fast, i will just idle down the engine to the speed I wish to work

Last edited: