source needed for heavy duty 10" x 4" finish mower wheel/tire

/ source needed for heavy duty 10" x 4" finish mower wheel/tire #21  
Have you received your wheels yet? I ordered 4 shortly after recommending them and received and installed. Perfect fit and better quality rubber on the tires in my opinion from the last 4 I bought

/ source needed for heavy duty 10" x 4" finish mower wheel/tire
It took a while for ups to admit that they lost them, and to get a reshipment. They are now at my house, but of course, now I'm not. Should have them on and tested by mid week.

/ source needed for heavy duty 10" x 4" finish mower wheel/tire #23  
Would love to hear how High Grade Mfg. holds up. I bought two of them to replace the worst two, the two rear wheels of a Bush Hog RDTH72. One still has the "lines" in them and the other has worn down a bunch. I need to replace all 4 this time, I have agri-supply close by. Might try them.

/ source needed for heavy duty 10" x 4" finish mower wheel/tire #24  
Would love to hear how High Grade Mfg. holds up. I bought two of them to replace the worst two, the two rear wheels of a Bush Hog RDTH72. One still has the "lines" in them and the other has worn down a bunch. I need to replace all 4 this time, I have agri-supply close by. Might try them.
The first set that I bought years ago from them lasted so long the rubber was cracking which caused me to order more to replace. The new rubber on the tires seems superior now in my opinion.

Sorry for the delay with a followup. Wheels arrived and I installed them, and due to unusually cool weather here I've only had to mow once.

Overall quality seems to be pretty good. The only thing I'm not fond of is that there's no through-bushing, so you can't actually torque the axle bolt. You have to sneak up on the torque, to lightly load the outside spacer bushings against the inner race of the bearings. If you don't do that, the spacer bushings spin on the axle bolt which will wear the bolt. If you over torque, it will wear out the actual bearings.

But as I said, the overall quality seems better than the junk that came on the Bush Hog brand finish mower, and the price was certainly better. Time and use will tell on how durable they are.

Thanks for the tip on the source!

/ source needed for heavy duty 10" x 4" finish mower wheel/tire #26  
Harbor freight carries a bunch of wheels
just seen them didn't check them out

willy

/ source needed for heavy duty 10" x 4" finish mower wheel/tire #27  
So i'm too late for THIS round of replacements.. :whistle:

But.. if you've got a bit of room and height adjustment left for a slightly taller tire, might try some 3.5x6" 'tedder tires'. They seem to be rated for much more weight than other similar sized tires.

Thanks; I'll keep those in my 'plan C' file, if the current ones don't last.

/ source needed for heavy duty 10" x 4" finish mower wheel/tire #30  
I was having the same problem on my Landpride 84” finish mower and this is what I came up with.
they are tires off of a man lift I bought them on eBay.
working good so far.
IMG_4268.jpeg
IMG_4315.jpeg
IMG_4316.jpeg