Source for belts?

/ Source for belts? #1  

plowhog

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey 1710 / 1758, Ventrac 4500Y / TD9
I have a Ventrac 4500Y with tough cut. Just over 100 hours. My belts still work fine but every time I engage the blades they squeal. Which reminds me they are a replaceable part.

What is a good source for belts, and is there a master list of what sizes I would need? Or just take them in and have them matched?

/ Source for belts? #2  
maybe it needs some greasing. 100 hrs should be a long ways away from belt replacement

this might help.
maybe Google Search for an "exploded view" of the machine

I'd like a Ventrac in the future

Good Luck

/ Source for belts? #3  
The belts have common size/rating codes suchas B-45 etc. Those are avaialable from many brands and even Amazon handles them, as do other larger hardware/mechanical sites. Beware, some brands or makers have beeter product than do others.

The squeek is often the power unit's pto belt or the pto to implement belt, both of which can have tension easily adjusted.

prs

/ Source for belts? #4  
Mine squeal every time I engage the PTO. .... jim

/ Source for belts? #5  
My belt also squeals every time I engage the PTO. I did however notice the tensioner was not adjusted properly. Check your manual, but mine says:

"Tension the belt by tightening the idler adjustment rod. The spring loops should have approximately .05 inches between them. Note: a rule of thumb is to slip a paper clip between them."

/ Source for belts? #6  
There's always belt dressing...takes the chirp out...

/ Source for belts? #7  
Taking notice from this thread; I ordered a B-180 and a B-45 yesterday from an Amazon assicuate, both belts are Gates brand. Mine are not worn out, but just to have on hand.

prs

/ Source for belts? #9  
My belt also squeals every time I engage the PTO. I did however notice the tensioner was not adjusted properly. Check your manual, but mine says:

"Tension the belt by tightening the idler adjustment rod. The spring loops should have approximately .05 inches between them. Note: a rule of thumb is to slip a paper clip between them."

just checked the air gap and it is .050 with a feeler gage. it has a little squeal from day one...... jim

• Good Post
Reactions: prs
   / Source for belts? #10  
Any belt where a back side idler/tensioner is involved should be a wrapped belt. That protects the back side of the belt better from wear and helps to keep the belt together. I use the blue Kevlar belts but there are other wrappings. Most of what I have are either Jason or D&D.

V Belt Supply and Offroadbelts have wide selections.

• Good Post
Reactions: prs