Sort Of Retired

/ Sort Of Retired #11  
I was fortunate enough to retire at 47. Health insurance was a hugh issue. My partners at the time guaranteed me health benefits(at my cost) until I became eligible for SS Medicare. That was 2007. In 2008 they were forced to sell out and sent me a letter stating "Effective 2/1/2008 they were being bought out(Real estate bust) and the new Company would not honor our agreement. I notified the new owner about my agreement with the sellers. He asked for a copy of that guarantee. At there closing the buyer withheld a substantial sum of money for any future suits that could arise. They posted a LOC, money was released and we negotiated a settlement prior to court action. They would say I made out like a bandit. I would say, I learned a lot about pre-existing conditions exclusions, and trust.
All is good now and selling out was the best thing for me.
I volunteer maintaining the 5 higher level LL fields in town , officiate at golf tournaments through the Chicago District Golf Association(Local events, and USGA sponsored events), and fix up property we acquired in No. Wis. Life is Good