Son's new career path, pretty proud father

/ Son's new career path, pretty proud father
Yander, thanks for the video. That's pretty much it.

I will admit, my son took me for a drive and it did seem to have more pick up and go when he put it in that mode.

That said, we had a going away party for him about 10 minutes down the road as we rented a renovated farmhouse that was redone for family / business funtions (hey, nice place, only $150 for the entire day and the kitchen was way more nicer and larger than our own and we didn't have to deal with 30 people with 5 dogs in the mix LOL).

I go by mself to start setting up. County road, long straight away and the house is just off the road, hid by trees along the road. I hear this car come screaming down the road and think to myself who is the butthole kid reving his car down the road? Low and behold, who turns in the driveway but my boy in his car. Gave him a little bit of an earful LOL That said, I keep forgetting he had exhuast / muffler changed out some time ago, and although it sounds too lound for me or my wife, it's exactly what he was looking for and he likes it. At least without my hearing aids in, I could hear him come down the drivway at night even when he's doing 2MPH.

/ Son's new career path, pretty proud father #72  
You have all the great reasons to be proud.

You have all the great reasons to be proud.
I'm am. Not because he enlisted, but because he is a better man than myself when we were both at the same age.

My wife told me yesterday he got his banking info updated, and he's at a 700 credit score (we tried to instill into him to get a credit card not to have extra money, but to start a credit history on himself).

That said, he's been gone for 4 weeks now and we haven't gotten a single letter, and the only phone call was when he hit the base to give us his mailing address.

We finally get the first letter from him today, I was excited to open it up, but didn't want to without my wife with me.

We open the letter up together, and all it is is graduation tickets to his graduation with a lot of nice things the Air Force tells you about being proud and the list of graduation events.

My wife commented "he didn't even write "I love you mom" anywhere LOL

I told my wife, I'd rather have the graduation tickets (since we've already booked airfare, hotel and vehicle for his graduation date) vs a "I love you mom, but I'm coming home back to stay" letter :ROFLMAO:

I hope that doesn't make me a bad father for feeling that way.

Truth be told, he's taking care of himself right now, and that's what's most important to me.

Technology has come a long way, was actually able to see some pictures of him during his training through the Air Force. At least it looks like the push ups and chin ups have been helping. Always a tall lanky kid, but looks like he's putting some weight on in the right areas (I was that way until a back operation and I stopped running in my late 40's LOL)

Last edited:
   / Son's new career path, pretty proud father #74  
I went through basic training at Lackland back in the 70's. They will take good care of him and you will probably find he grew up much more during his stay.

Joining the Air Force was the best thing I did in life. Got my life started off right.

/ Son's new career path, pretty proud father #75  
I'm am. Not because he enlisted, but because he is a better man than myself when we were both at the same age.

My wife told me yesterday he got his banking info updated, and he's at a 700 credit score (we tried to instill into him to get a credit card not to have extra money, but to start a credit history on himself).

That said, he's been gone for 4 weeks now and we haven't gotten a single letter, and the only phone call was when he hit the base to give us his mailing address.

We finally get the first letter from him today, I was excited to open it up, but didn't want to without my wife with me.

We open the letter up together, and all it is is graduation tickets to his graduation with a lot of nice things the Air Force tells you about being proud and the list of graduation events.

My wife commented "he didn't even write "I love you mom" anywhere LOL

I told my wife, I'd rather have the graduation tickets (since we've already booked airfare, hotel and vehicle for his graduation date) vs a "I love you mom, but I'm coming home back to stay" letter :ROFLMAO:

I hope that doesn't make me a bad father for feeling that way.

Truth be told, he's taking care of himself right now, and that's what's most important to me.

Technology has come a long way, was actually able to see some pictures of him during his training through the Air Force. At least it looks like the push ups and chin ups have been helping. Always a tall lanky kid, but looks like he's putting some weight on in the right areas (I was that way until a back operation and I stopped running in my late 40's LOL)
Wife's been working in San Antonio (not too far from Lackland.) Let me know if you want/need any restaurant ideas.

Wife's been working in San Antonio (not too far from Lackland.) Let me know if you want/need any restaurant ideas.
Thank you.

Ironically enough I just had a business lunch yesterday with a customer who I actually consider a decent friend (he and his family have been over my place to shoot more than a couple of times).

Turns out his his wifes brother is a Drill Sergeant at Lackland right now.

My son actually knows my friend, I figure I'll just keep my mouth shut until we hit graduation.

Joining the Air Force was the best thing I did in life. Got my life started off right.
For the four years my dad lived with us, and all the times my son hanged out with him in the basement and were off driving together, we have little doubt that's exactly what my father told my son.

Think I mentioned before, but my wife got on him (our son) about the little carry on case he took to MEP's and told him he should take a back pack instead for the airport and travel. Then the day after she remembered it was my father who gave my son that carry bag and that's why he most likely only wanted to take that bag instead.

I'll be speaking as my own father the next time when I see him and tell him to have fun now, but still save money LOL

/ Son's new career path, pretty proud father #78  
Rosario's Mexican restaurant

Well, got our first phone call after 4 weeks being gone this past weekend.

He's doing well, but apparently four guys in the flight are in quarantine due to covid and apparently all the guys aren't feeling 100%

Tells us the running is killing him because he's not use to it. Funny, the kid being as skinny as he is looks like he'd be a natural runner with his long legs.

We kept our mouths shut because he said he was going to start working out and start running when he gave his two weeks notice at his job and didn't. Go figure LOL

Without a doubt my own father was proud and smiling.

Son showing us around the base.

For the airman’s run and coin ceremony, before hand they were playing the Andrew’s sisters Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. My son had that on his music playlist from my dad, so if there was anyway he was there in a small way, he was.

Attachments

• IMG_4808.jpeg
    IMG_4808.jpeg
    959.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited: