Someone Dented my pickup today.

/ Someone Dented my pickup today. #21  
When I was 16 I was driving my Dad's Chevy pickup with manual transmission and no power steering. I was at a ballgame in town and when I backed out of the parking spot the truck rolled back over the crown of the road and the bumper went right into a neighbors car door. I drove around the block and sure enough, it was dented with white paint from the bumper on it. I knew for sure I was dead, grounded, and could never drive the truck again. I went home and told my Dad what happened. He called the neighbor, a good friend of ours and he said he hadn't noticed it. He went out and looked and came back and told my Dad it was indeed dented. It was an old used car but we insisted on paying for it and getting it fixed. As I remember I didn't get in as much trouble as I thought I would.

Kevin

/ Someone Dented my pickup today. #22  
it's sad, but,, we're living in a totally different world today than we did yesteryear

/ Someone Dented my pickup today. #23  
Then there are the pickup truck drivers who park in spaces in Boston with their drawbars in place. New Pickup trucks are so long they often overhang the space, so people who park behind them sometimes damage their bumpers.

....Those draw bars tend to go missing. Especially on trash day.

/ Someone Dented my pickup today. #24  
This exactly why I park way out in a parking lot and walk a little further. The funny thing is I'll park way out in a parking lot away from cars and some jerk will park right next to me.lol

I park far away too and have noticed the same thing, like sheep they congregate near my vehicle. I have learned the hard way NOT to park far away AND at the bottom of a slope. Runaway shopping carts will find that spot every time. :D

/ Someone Dented my pickup today. #25  
Last winter while snowing person try to park next to me w/plow on his pickup ended up deep heavy line digs left corner panel person took off,store camera show it was dark color Ford w/Fisher plow VT. plate,cost me $250.00 to insurance for that knothead hit and run to have repair. :(

/ Someone Dented my pickup today. #26  
I have a bumper kind of like this one on the front of my Jeep.
jk_stubbyfront2.jpg

One day I noticed all the paint was scraped off on one of the radius' on the hoop. Flecks of white paint in it too. Then I looked down from the top and noticed the tow-point, which stuck out the same distance as the hoop, was also missing some paint and had white paint on it. All I could figure is that someone pulled out of a space next to me and cut the corner a little close which caught my bumper. I can only imagine that the tow point opened up the side of that car like a can opener! Oh, well!

I don't worry too much about parking lot dents on the Jeep. I also have rocker panel protection mounted on the sides which is a piece of angle iron with steel tubing on it. Unless I'm parked next to something super tall, a car door is just going to knock into that. I did have something, I'm guessing in a parking lot, tear part of my soft top and one of my windows though. Like others here - no note, etc.

/ Someone Dented my pickup today. #27  
Never saw a hitch receiver called a drawbar, but looked it up and apparently that is another name.

/ Someone Dented my pickup today. #28  
I have all the extra wide parking spaces mapped out at work. I've had my vehicles hit three times by fellow employees... no notes. One guy ran his bumper pretty much down the entire side of my explorer. Looked much like that white Pickup in the pics.

/ Someone Dented my pickup today. #29  
Same stuff here. I have about 7 dents and missing paint on the front and rear bumpers and sides of the fenders. I get so frustrated and think about replacing the bumpers to the tune of 600 bones each, then think, why, it will surely happen again.

My wife's new car got hit in the parking lot last time we went the theater. Still making payments on this one so it makes me even more mad. Grill is cracked and broken and paint scraped off fairing below grill. Brand new car. No note or anything. Hey, I guess it's my fault somehow seeing how I will be the one to pay to have it fixed. Heaven forbid I file insurance, because then I'll end up paying even more over time.

Also, I've been run off the road twice in the last 6 months or so and in both cases, the drivers who almost hit me head on kept going. Very frustrating today that nobody seems to care about anybody else or their stuff they work hard for.

/ Someone Dented my pickup today. #30  
I was sitting in my car in walmart parking lot, when a young girl pulled into the spot beside me and hit me as she turned in. I got her insurance info but never filed a claim, it was such a minor scratch. Got rear ended a few weeks ago while stopped at a red light. knew the kid who hit me, again got insurance info but not going to pursue it since there was only a mark on the back plastic hitch cover. I've gotten the mystery door dings over the years, no one will fess up to those.