Sold my BX moving to LX

/ Sold my BX moving to LX #1  

Megawisdumb

Bronze Member
Tractor
LX2610HSD, Z251, BX25D
Acquired a larger pasture to mow and sold my 2015 BX25 same day I listed it on FB. I think I'm headed to an LX but am getting a wide variety of price quotes from dealers in the area (AL) and beyond. The LX2610HSD with loader & BH77 ranges from 29k to 38k. Wasn't expecting that range..realize they have to eat just chicken instead of lobster would be my preference. Any recent market experience with LX's. 2015 was my last tractor purchase. Thanks

/ Sold my BX moving to LX #2  
That's a huge swing! Have you checked on the Kubota web site to see what their full retail is?
When I bought my L4060 6-7 years ago, dealers were around 10% under the configured price on the web site. That may not be true today though.

/ Sold my BX moving to LX
The website has it @37k so 10% off is @33k which is exactly the medium. I never took my BX loader off so is the SWIFT TACH KIT at almost1K worth it? I do plan to get the pallet forks as my BX bucket had a smile from my slide ons over the years. Will the swift tach help with that swap out?

/ Sold my BX moving to LX #4  
What is the PTO how horsepower of the new tractor it shouldn't be that much different from the old one.

I assume you're wanting to get a larger cutter but maybe that's a bad assumption.

The HP is only about 3.5 HP gain but I need clearance as my new property has limestone popups that created many issues with my low BX. I also need some more hydro power. The BX loader capacity is @700lbs the LX is @1100. Hydraulic flow on bx is 6.2 LX is 8.7. I have a post pounder that should work even better with the LX. It also has the same seat as the BX, that seat spoiled me. The BH77 also has some nice performance #'s over the Bt602. Overall, my BX was a great rig that aside from some height issues gave me very few issues.

/ Sold my BX moving to LX #7  
The website has it @37k so 10% off is @33k which is exactly the medium. I never took my BX loader off so is the SWIFT TACH KIT at almost1K worth it? I do plan to get the pallet forks as my BX bucket had a smile from my slide ons over the years. Will the swift tach help with that swap out?

I have never needed to remove the loader on my last 2 Kubota tractors, so the Swift Tach would be of no benefit to me. I just watched a comparison video of the Swift Tach and standard system, and it just doesn't seem that much easier to me, other than you don't have to get out of the seat for the Swift Tach.
I doubt the LX machines even come without an SSQA (skid steer quick attach) but I would absolutely not be without one. Swapping the bucket for the pallet forks is like a 30 second job.

On edit... That post pounder was awesome! I augered 100 or so holes last summer. Not nearly as fast as a pounder.

The LX does indeed have the quick release feature on the bucket/pallet swap which was a big advantage point and I dont think the swift tach is a benefit unless it adds some element to the grapple which I plan to acquire as well. The first year I had my BX I did about 50 posts augered and went looking for a easier method now that my labor is away at college. The Kencove pounder was indeed the right tool.

/ Sold my BX moving to LX #9  
The LX does indeed have the quick release feature on the bucket/pallet swap which was a big advantage point and I dont think the swift tach is a benefit unless it adds some element to the grapple which I plan to acquire as well. The first year I had my BX I did about 50 posts augered and went looking for a easier method now that my labor is away at college. The Kencove pounder was indeed the right tool.

Caution!

The LX will have a swivel on it with the BH77. You will have the same seat, but a different seat suspension.
Almost solid, except for seat cushion.

Unless, you get the setup like on the cab model.

That is a GREAT tip on the seat! I assumed the suspension was the same. I have napped on my BX in a full recline. I hope I can get them to put the cab suspension setup with the open cockpit.