solar post light recommendations please

/ solar post light recommendations please
Followup
The 4 pack of InnoGear arrived.
They look fairly sturdy. I looked for a pipe I could stick them on, but could not find a fit.
I planted one outside on a cloudy day.
It seemed to last about 6 hours.
So I found my silicone Conformal Coating opened up the remaining 3 lights and "painted" the few contacts on the circuit board.
Of note - there was a double dab of probably silicone RTV type stuff on the contacts. On 1 of the 3 lights I opened the "dabs" fell off.
I then deployed them where I wanted them by the drive.
The first one I had put out lasted from about 1910 to 0300 after a full days sun.
The second one went from 1910 (sunset) 0645 (dawn) after a full days sun.
The other 2 have not yet got a full days sun and are stuck where they get some shade during the day.

/ solar post light recommendations please #13  
Followup
The 4 pack of InnoGear arrived.
They look fairly sturdy. I looked for a pipe I could stick them on, but could not find a fit.
I planted one outside on a cloudy day.
It seemed to last about 6 hours.
So I found my silicone Conformal Coating opened up the remaining 3 lights and "painted" the few contacts on the circuit board.
Of note - there was a double dab of probably silicone RTV type stuff on the contacts. On 1 of the 3 lights I opened the "dabs" fell off.
I then deployed them where I wanted them by the drive.
The first one I had put out lasted from about 1910 to 0300 after a full days sun.
The second one went from 1910 (sunset) 0645 (dawn) after a full days sun.
The other 2 have not yet got a full days sun and are stuck where they get some shade during the day.
Make sure to silicone around the ring that covers the leds, it just unscrews and the gasket is not good enough to keep them sealed for very long.

Hope these work long term for you.

/ solar post light recommendations please #14  
I learned thru experience. I set out two pair of solar yard lights. They were about 18" tall. They all ( four of them ) lasted about three years. The weather got to them.

I wanted a GOOD solar light. I got a solar marine marker light. From Julian A. McDermott Corp. Ridgewood, New York. I purchased it - 7/16/2014. It sits on a tripod across and down the length of my lake. The tripod and light are on a high rock bluff - overlooking the lake. Twice a year - I go down and clean the solar pannel. Its a 3"x3" square incorporated into the top of the light.

Nine years and the light still shines bright - sunset to sunrise.

As I look out the window - I can see it. It's some 930 feet from where I'm sitting right now.

It is a commercial duty marine light. It has never failed and it was not cheap. $235.

That works out to about $26 per year.

/ solar post light recommendations please #15  
If you have a costco membership get it there, they have a pretty good returns policy on disposable products.