Solar goes positive.

/ Solar goes positive. #1  

orezok

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
My solar went positive for the first day this year. That’s normal for where I live as January and February are cloudy months. It will only get better as May is my peak output month. Peak output was 6.9 kW. Not bad for a 7.5 kW system.
94D0CD15-33CD-4C24-AD97-D8D520327343.png

/ Solar goes positive. #2  
Yep cloudy/rainy days have sure put a dent in our solar output for the last two months as well but every now and then we get a nice SUNNY day making plenty of power. Our output for today was 32.3 kwh and today was partly cloudy. On those full sun days I look at the Enlighten app and go "Oh, yeah". :cool:

/ Solar goes positive. #4  
My solar went positive for the first day this year. That’s normal for where I live as January and February are cloudy months. It will only get better as May is my peak output month. Peak output was 6.9 kW. Not bad for a 7.5 kW system.View attachment 854869
My 7.5kw is going positive too. (A little harder in central Minnesota.)
1709415741892.png

/ Solar goes positive. #5  
From my Googling, a 7.5kwh system is between $20k and $30k?

/ Solar goes positive. #6  
Yes roughly its about $3.50 per watt. We installed 7.2 KW for $26K in Dec 2014 and broke even just under 8 years.

Today it still produces 8-9000 KWH per year depending on the sun, It's been a good year so far 1070 KWH in two of the lowest production months (Jan and Feb) due to snow cover typically, but this year no snow.

/ Solar goes positive. #7  
I just got the sign off from the town inspector on my system s a couple days ago. I have a 12.1kw system. Now I’m waiting for the electric company to come down and install the new meter. After that I can turn it on. I was told 2-8 weeks………

/ Solar goes positive. #8  
We must have a really good power company, they had to inspect the installation 3 times (no idea why) and each time it was time for them to lay eyes on it all it took was a call and within an hour, usually, they were here. And we are closer to nowhere than to anywhere.

Overcast and rainy today but we still managed to make 9.7 kwh for the day, it surprises me how much it can make even on less than ideal days.

/ Solar goes positive. #9  
I just got the sign off from the town inspector on my system s a couple days ago. I have a 12.1kw system. Now I’m waiting for the electric company to come down and install the new meter. After that I can turn it on. I was told 2-8 weeks………

If the town has signed off and the electrical is all good, here should be no reason you can't turn it on with your old meter, it just won't record the produced vs consumed usage.

/ Solar goes positive. #10  
If the town has signed off and the electrical is all good, here should be no reason you can't turn it on with your old meter, it just won't record the produced vs consumed usage.
I’m not sure they said I can’t turn it on till then. They said they’re changing my meter and adding another one.