Solar Farm #2, dangers involved.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #102  
Has anyone read about the solar farm in California that is sucking so much water out of the aquifers the people are having to drill deeper to get water. I never knew they used water till that article. One mobile home park is in danger of losing water completely.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #104  
So is Sloth / Dejection ;)

Like anything in life, anything to the extreme is probably not healthy for you.

I don't stripe my lawn, nor do I weedwhack every week like I should and my company truck and home office desk can look like a pig sty after a period of time because I'm the only one who uses them;) That said, if I need to drive a larger company truck, I always clean it out when I'm done because someone else will be using it.
Wrath, too.

When the rains cooperate, I like to stripe my lawn. Now that it's pretty much dead for the season, I just knock the weed heads off once a week or so. We do keep the flowers watered.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved.
A small nuke plant is about a gigawatt in size, that would take about 6,000 acres of solar, depending on density, or about 12 square miles.

How many square miles get contaminated in a nuclear disaster? For the Chernobyl disaster the exclusion zone is 1,600 square miles.

I am no nuclear expert but from what I have read (yeah, an internet nuclear expert) the Chernobyl plant was of a design that would not have been built in the U.S., was run in a haphazard way, and was manned by half trained people. Some of the modern designs would be much safer, more efficient, and with multiple backup systems they would be disaster proof.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #106  
Has anyone read about the solar farm in California that is sucking so much water out of the aquifers the people are having to drill deeper to get water. I never knew they used water till that article. One mobile home park is in danger of losing water completely.
That depends on the type of solar.

If it's photovoltaic panels, I doubt it.

If it's a parabolic concentrator, then it's entirely possible.

It would be nice to have a link to the article, if possible.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #107  
Do you have a link to this article?

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #108  
Do you have a link to this article?
Maybe this story?

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved.
That's great that people have owned land and houses for so long.

However, if it's theirs and they own it, they should have the right to do with it as they wish.

True, as long as it doesn't damage their neighbors.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #110  
Maybe this story?

Looks like BLM needs to get its’ act together or people wont have water to drink or farms to irrigate.