Solar Farm #2, dangers involved.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #71  
I would. If I had the property, and could get past the red tape, I'd rather live on top of a nuclear power plant than anywhere near a solar farm. In fact, I'll take two.

At least the trade-off in energy costs would be worth it.
Right, because we know about all the serious negative health risks to a solar farm. Ha ha!

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #72  
A small nuke plant is about a gigawatt in size, that would take about 6,000 acres of solar, depending on density, or about 12 square miles.

The nuke plant can generate 24hrs/day, 365.25days/year. The solar plant just can’t do that.

In my opinion, the biggest downside to both solar and wind generation is that there has to be real power plant that has to supply the power when the solar and wind plants can’t.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #73  
On the plus side, maybe if we get a solid exclusion zone here in the States I can go live out the rest of my days as a STALKER...

874756-vertical-stalker-shadow-of-chernobyl-wallpaper-1920x1080-2322x1205-hd-1080p.jpg

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #75  
A volcanic eruption is an act or God were as a nuclear meltdown is an act man,,, come on even you can admit the difference can’t you?

Show me the proof where Chernobyl is not as bad as the news media says. You are whining about thousands of acres that are temporarily altered with solar panels yet you think nothing about the MILLIONS of acres that were permanently changed by the Chernobyl disaster. You have really been drinking the ”Fox” flavored Kool-Aid lately haven’t you?
Of course I do, but what you don’t understand is how deadly it is and that this has already happened millions of years ago.
However a large volcanic eruption is much worse.

BTW: I don’t whine.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #76  
We can’t turn a blind eye to the downside of solar power and start believing in all this notion of “its for the greater good” crap.
Solar power has too many downsides for the vast majority of us to worry about a few people becoming rich
Be careful of your line of reasoning with rights vs the individual per "the down side". Double edge sword.

Would I want a solar farm next to me? No. But that is one reason why we bought 34 acres on top of the 6 that came with the house, so no one could building anything they want on it.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #77  
Some of the families involved have had their property and homes for generations. My grandchildren are living in a house on property bought by their great grandparents in the 1950's. My daughter and her husband have just dropped over $100,000 on the house complete redoing it inside and out. Why would they do this to a 100+ year old house? Because it is built like a fortress. Rough cut true 2x4 oak studs with tongue and groove exterior and interior walls. Twenty plus acres of land with about twelve rented to a local farmer. From what we have found out they will not be able to let the kids play in the creek running thru the property due to heavy metal and herbicide contamination.
That's great that people have owned land and houses for so long.

However, if it's theirs and they own it, they should have the right to do with it as they wish.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #78  
And how many square miles of solar panels does it take to equal one nuclear disaster? Oh, that’s right ,,,, zero!
I’m not against nuclear energy, but I do know that a major catastrophe in the nuclear power generation world is forever! Eventually all these solar installations will return to what they were before. Ever hear of Chernobyl?
If nuclear is managed correctly and contracts not always awarded to the lowest bidder, 'accidents' rarely happen. You list your location as Michigan so I'm sure you are aware of the Fermi incident, as I am but The Fermi plant in now managed correctly and you never hear about any incidents today. I'm not far from there but in a rural setting.

I'm not against solar in reality, what I'm against is the sneaky underhanded way solar installers act and what they don't tell you. Why there will never be any solar installations here. Our township did their due diligence and found out all the underlying negatives. That did it for them. I don't have to worry about a solar installation now. I'm good with that.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #79  
I’d say my stance at Solar and wind is that I’m 51% in favor of it which means I have my doubts also.

When people throw out objections I do the highly scientific method of extensive research to confirm it. You know google it. The temp going up 7 degrees I couldn’t verify. Maybe close to the solar farm but what I saw was less than a degree.

Do these things catch on fire? I looked that one up too. It does happen but everything I found said very rare.

I’m sorry I don’t have more sympathy. I wouldn’t like it near me but it’s really another “NOT IN MY BACKYARD” situation.

/ Solar Farm #2, dangers involved. #80  
Except, what we as a whole do best is decide for you what is best. Our system has created this area of expertise where everyone but you knows whats best for you. Unfortunately, we are currently seeing the worst of this system where the government has gotten to the point of being the final authority and even the courts are holding little to no sway over the “elected” leaders.
Are you saying that having 3 rust bucket cars sitting out on the front lawn with overgrown weeds along with a 20' TV antenna off the side of the house isn't attractive?

I remember when I spent each weekend paddling in WV and upstate NY when I lived in Pa. I could literally forget which state I was in on a weekend until someone spoke and I heard a dialect) Pick ANY state in our 50 and you will find homes that looks like a dump (generally with no trespassing signs on them, which I could never figure out because it really never looks like a place I want to trespass on LOL). Reality is although I might have to take a second look at the place "just because", it's their home, their land, and they can knock themselves out on what they want to do or not do with their place.

You don't want someone building something around you, have enough land to make it happen.