soft shackle users?

/ soft shackle users? #22  
Ignore him, he open carry's in walmart when buying bread. That pretty much tells you everything you need to know.

He doesn't bother me any, lol; 5030 is basically every farmer I knew in my youth. 🤷‍♂️🤣

/ soft shackle users?
Most tow ropes you get today don't have hooks. The nylon shackles allow you to attach to whatever without a hook. I thought I'd get a couple of them to put in our 6x6.

/ soft shackle users? #24  
I'm curious why? Is it concern over the strength? I admit that it takes some getting used how strong they are. Just looking that them you would think "no way". But they are generally SIGNIFICANTLY STRONGER that similarly sized chain or steel shackles. Just by way of example, 1/2" G43 chain is rated for 4.5MT, and a 1/2" Crosby shackle is rated for 3.3MT. On the other hand, a 1/2" soft shackle has a breaking strength of 20MT. Their strength is very deceptive, and I think is why people are slow to embrace them.
Chain is working load limit,. A third or fourth of break strength.

The rating on the cloth is the break point.

/ soft shackle users? #25  
I keep some in my truck. Had to use a few times. I like em.

I try to use my steel clevises as much as possible but they can come in handy because of the flexibility

/ soft shackle users? #26  
I'm interested in them as well; an eventual purchase, but one that is worth looking into in the interim.

/ soft shackle users? #28  
"Rope retention pulley." That's a new one! Someone has taken one of the oldest bits or bobs in standing rigging, given a new name, and found a new way to sell it. They used to call them deadeyes, more recently lead rings, but "rope retention pulley" is the most creative name of all for this simple alloy ring.

/ soft shackle users? #29  
Looking at the Bubba rope site at the shackles...I'm not thrilled about the light duty ones. They use a sliding plastic collar to perform the choke vs the normal way of the rope through the rope design. It is fine until that plastic collar snaps. Their HD ones are manufactured with the rope thru rope design.