Snowfall 20% above average in January

/ Snowfall 20% above average in January #1  

smfcpacfp

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC
   / Snowfall 20% above average in January #2  
Not here...Only plowed twice..A 5 incher and a 7 incher..

Moving snow is the only peace I get...Please give me some more.

/ Snowfall 20% above average in January #3  
Nothing here, ground isnt even frozen now and my lake's ice went out partly today. Its been t shirt weather here this week!

/ Snowfall 20% above average in January
I snowblowed 5 times in December and 6 times in January. This week the high has been right around the freezing point, so a small amount of melting.

/ Snowfall 20% above average in January #5  
Biggest drop here (Roch. NY area) so far has been about 3". Haven't even had my plow attached for weeks. I'm more than happy after last year's snowfest.

/ Snowfall 20% above average in January #7  
Last year at this time We had 80" of snow this year there has been a total of 40". That's what happens when you buy a blower for the 2011 - 2012 season.

/ Snowfall 20% above average in January #8  
Last year was historical for exceptional amounts of snow and this year all time records are being broken with warm temperature and virtually no snow.

/ Snowfall 20% above average in January #9  
We are about 50" below normal for snow this year. Temps have been above normal also and my heating bill shows it:thumbsup:.

smfcpacfp, I used to be stationed at K.I. Sawyer back in 88-89(wow, many moons ago!). I remember the snow piled so high that people had to dig out the first story windows of their houses. The base used to pile the snow on one area of the ramp using those big Oshkosh blowers. That pile wouldn't completely melt till late July or so. I lived in Gwyn (sp?) and always went to Helen's Iron Skillet for dinner. I hope the area up there is doing ok with the base closed.

/ Snowfall 20% above average in January #10  
Just checked my hour meter. I have less than 8 hours of snow blowing so far this winter. Most years I spend 60 to 90 hours moving all that lake effect snow we receive around here. Where's the snow?