Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Snow sticking to bucket

/ Snow sticking to bucket #1  

Trouser Bark

Bronze Member
Tractor
'03 TC24D
I've been clearing my @ 300' driveway w/ a NH TC24D and FEL and so far am happy w/ the the setup though it takes too long. One of the problems that I need to find a way around is that snow sticks to the inside of the bucket, reducing efficiency by about 20% I'd guess.

I checked w/ a local loader operator and he said to slop deisel fuel in the bucket and the snow wouldn't stick. That idea doesn't sound too attractive to me. Is there a better way of keeping this stuff from sticking?

/ Snow sticking to bucket #3  
Hi...

Saw this product mentioned... haven't used it...

Snow Plow Wax...

Aerosol-$99.00 per case of 12 cans (11 oz. fill) plus $10.00 for delivery

Liquid-5 gallon pails-$24.95 per gallon plus $23.00 in delivery.

5 gallon size is less than 1/2 the price of Pam...

Dave...

/ Snow sticking to bucket #4  
I was wondering about waxes too. Could you go to the grocery store and get some floor wax or car wax? There are all kinds of ski wax but they are probably expensive. I have the inside of the snowblower chute coated with John Deere slip plate seems to work ok although clean smooth paint works pretty well too.

Chris

/ Snow sticking to bucket #5  
We had this discussion about snowblowers recently. Most folks used a PAM type product.

If you use a floor or household wax make sure there is no silicone listed in the ingredients. Other wise you will never be able to paint over it.

Phil

/ Snow sticking to bucket #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( We had this discussion about snowblowers recently. Most folks used a PAM type product.

If you use a floor or household wax make sure there is no silicone listed in the ingredients. Other wise you will never be able to paint over it.

Phil )</font>

I have used pure silicon spray sucessfully in my buckets for years to keep snow from sticking. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I've never painted the inside of my buckets.

andy

/ Snow sticking to bucket #7  
if one uses silicone and needs to re-paint the bucket, Dupont 3812 will clean it one swipe, and one can re-paint.

/ Snow sticking to bucket #8  
Pam & WD-40 both work equally well. You can get a gallon of WD-40 for about 10 bucks at Harbor Freight and it goes a long way in a spray bottle.

/ Snow sticking to bucket #9  
I agree with everyone elses ideas. Diesel fuel is a little harsh of an aplicant for this, evniornmentally unfriendly. This works real great when you have asphalt sticking to your bucket or something, but NOT snow! lol...

Blake
WA

/ Snow sticking to bucket #10  
why not let your tractor sit outside while it warms up, so that the bucket is the same temp as the temp aroud it? that has always worked for me.