Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Snow Removal w/FEL

/ Snow Removal w/FEL #31  
I find the rear blade is best unless the snow is over 6-8 " deep (depends if wet or powder). The FEL tends to pile it up, rather than push or pull it aside.
FEL is great for clearing where plowed or drifted, or deeper.
I have a path accross an open field to a manure pile. Unfortunately it runs basically north-south, in an open field, and when the west or northwest winds blow following a storm, the snow drifts in. The drifted snow packs in denser than fresh fallen snow.
Early in the winter plow the paths or driveways wide, give plenty of room for future plowing.

/ Snow Removal w/FEL #32  
<font color="blue"> and one more (notice the barbell weights mounted on the rear wheels. . . . . )

</font>

That's a pretty slick idea! Once you finish moving snow you can use the barbell weights to work out.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Snow Removal w/FEL #33  
I use both a 84" bucket and a 8' plow to move snow. The bucket does a neater job and allows me to pile it up to about 20' when necessary. When I used the plow on my 2120 I found that many times the weight of the snow I was pushing would push the front end of the tractor off of the edge of the driveway. At that time I was clearing a 1/4 mile drive with bends up a pretty steep hill. I would pile up so much snow behind th eplow that big clumps of snow would come right over the top of the plow. Here is a shot of me moving snow with a bucket during an average storm last winter.

Andy

Attachments

• 340950-movingsnow20032.jpg
    340950-movingsnow20032.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 258
   / Snow Removal w/FEL #34  
another picture of the snow drifts on the edge of where I was plowing.

Andy

Attachments

• 340952-movingsnow20031.jpg
    340952-movingsnow20031.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 250
   / Snow Removal w/FEL #35  
MikePA

Gald we all make the same mistakes /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I also get the ice over on the gravel. It is dead flat so I still can get up and down with hay every couple of weeks. I really just let my momentum carry me from the good spots, through the bad.

Maybe Santa will get me a back-blade! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Snow Removal w/FEL #36  
I'll second PineRidge. For 10+ years I used a truck and a tractor to plow snow. 5 years ago I switched to a 78" rear mounted blower and will never go back to a plow.

I have an 800' gravel drive, I set the leading edge of the blower about 1" off the ground until the ground freezes.