Snow Equipment Buying/Pricing Snow removal quandry

/ Snow removal quandry #31  
Plowed with backhoe mounted plow for at least 10 years. Put one on my tractor last year. Still waiting for them to break in half and explode. :rolleyes:

However, I do have a front snowplow mount in the works for my compact. :eek: Thought it might be a fun project and I do like having the plow not out so far in front of me.

/ Snow removal quandry
Wow, I go away for a day and there's a pile of posts. I have read them and have decided a couple of things...

I'm gonna sell the two old Allis Chalmers and put the money towards something else - whatever it is. I will need something to mow though.

A blower is the best for sure but I'm not sure a rear blower is what I want. I cannot afford a front mount so at the least this winter it'll be the FEL. I priced ATV front mounts and they are too much.

I am also going to sell my old Honda ATV and probably get a bigger utv. Either an RTV 500, the new Kioti (if it ever shows) and most likely a Polaris Ranger. Maybe I can fit my bigger plow (it's a lightweight one from a Gator I think) onto the UTV and stay in a nice warm cabin like a few of you have suggested.

I guess the biggie for me is the open station and blower while turning my head image.

Now all that said, ask me in a week and I may have a whole new angle. I love having so many options, dang I love having a tractor!!!!!:D:D

/ Snow removal quandry #33  
My drive is 200' long, one car wide, and the first year we lived here my 250 superduty would NOT keep the drive clear because the ground on either side was too soft to drive over to push the banks back. The second 4' snowfall made me buy an emergency snowblower till spring. That summer I bought a Mahindra 2615HST and mounted a 60" puma on the back. You can sit sideways and use your heel on the pedal. I LOVE it! lets me keep the FEL on. I can't imagine it would be fun with a gear and clutch setupthough.

/ Snow removal quandry #34  
There has to more to that story then meets the eye. Operator abuse, maybe faulty set up, something ! Granted there is alot more plowing to be done at a hospital then a typical home but I have been plowing with a loader mounted, hydraulic angled blade for 6 + years without a hint of problems. I am posative that there are many who can match that and even beat that time without any problems.

Could be more to it I don't know.

/ Snow removal quandry #35  
Here is what I use. Just rebuilt it this year. Used it last year as a piece of junk that the angle cylinders did not even work on. Just pined it to the right angle.

Chris

Attachments

• tractor1.jpg
    tractor1.jpg
    840.9 KB · Views: 161
  • tractor2.jpg
    tractor2.jpg
    839.2 KB · Views: 170
   / Snow removal quandry #36  
DP,

You might consider adding a hydraulic pressure-relief valve block into your system to eliminate pressure spikes from striking objects harder than snow, etc.

/ Snow removal quandry #38  
DP,

You might consider adding a hydraulic pressure-relief valve block into your system to eliminate pressure spikes from striking objects harder than snow, etc.

What a great idea. :cool:

/ Snow removal quandry #40  
Here is what I use. Just rebuilt it this year. Used it last year as a piece of junk that the angle cylinders did not even work on. Just pined it to the right angle.

Chris

Nice setup. I love my power angle and tilt plow on my FEL arms. Works great! :)