Sleep apnea, CPAPs and other sleep health solutions.

/ Sleep apnea, CPAPs and other sleep health solutions. #92  
The better question that should be asked...

Has anyone ever gone into a sleep study not been prescribed a Cpap or Bipap?

It's a racket. A person is better off putting a piece of tape over their mouth and training their body to breath through their nose.
Actually my wife has been turned down twice. After she was turned down the first time I let her use my spare machine and she noticed a difference in her sleep after about six months she done another test and both where away from home at the hospital they also told her she did not need a machine so she stopped using my spare and after about a month she started taking sleep aids, so now she takes something almost every night. I wish she would just use the machine but she says it is to aggravating and the doctor says she don't need to use it.

/ Sleep apnea, CPAPs and other sleep health solutions. #93  
Two folks I know went in for a study and were not prescribed a CPAP machine. Both had sleep problems unrelated to apnea. There are other sleep issues for many. I don't see the CPAP machines as any part of a scam or racket. Apnea is a measurable and provable condition that does have several potential solutions.

/ Sleep apnea, CPAPs and other sleep health solutions. #94  
It was just yesterday when I learned that cleaning with ozone breaks down the foam and can do that in any machine so I've never used ozone but it seems to mess things up.
I clean with hydrogen peroxide. Leaves no odor or taste.

/ Sleep apnea, CPAPs and other sleep health solutions. #95  
I wonder if that is approved for the machine ? Seems like it would be fine.
I use Citrus based cleaners, approved for hospital use on CPAP.

/ Sleep apnea, CPAPs and other sleep health solutions. #96  
Does anyone have a link to a good online pdf for a Resmed S9?

/ Sleep apnea, CPAPs and other sleep health solutions. #97  
I wonder if that is approved for the machine ? Seems like it would be fine.
I use Citrus based cleaners, approved for hospital use on CPAP.
Don't know, have only been doing it for 8 years on the same machine and hose. The water basket is a bit yellowed but not brittle. H2O2 bubbles when it finds something, emits O2. Not near the quantity or duration of an ozone cleaner. Plus I am not pushing it through the air pump.

/ Sleep apnea, CPAPs and other sleep health solutions. #98  

Attachments

• s9_elite manual.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 63
   / Sleep apnea, CPAPs and other sleep health solutions. #99  
Bit too advanced for me. I have an S8 as my travel machine and no, it's never had and won't have an SD card installed.

/ Sleep apnea, CPAPs and other sleep health solutions. #100  
I have the SD card in mine and do take it to the Pulmonologists office, I did remove the WFI module it doesn't need that for anyone.
I had quite a go round with the outfit that originally supplied the CPAP stuff, after my insurance stopped covering the monthly cost and I was going to have to upgrade or buy out the machine I bought it. Then they told me that I was going to have to pay them to read the information and program and changes in as the doctor required. I told them that I was capable and to unlock the machine they refused to do so. Which was the last penny they got from me and it got them some poor reviews. I had to laugh one day at the doctors office the "lab" girl was telling me to have them come reprogram the machine and I told here I would do it and she started to tell me I couldn't that I had to go through the service and told her to give me MY prescription from the doctor and that the service was as useful at teats on a boar hog. I got the information!!! and some dirty looks!!!