Sleep apnea, CPAPs and other sleep health solutions.

/ Sleep apnea, CPAPs and other sleep health solutions. #101  
You can use the SD card yourself, as I have on the last two machines, for OSCAR SW to look at my own data. DR. cant see this unless you have WiFi modem, App on phone, or hand it to them. So easy to keep private and use as you want.

/ Sleep apnea, CPAPs and other sleep health solutions. #103  
I program all my machines myself. The information is readily available on the net... I own all of them outright as well. Not gonna pay some rental fee, ever.

/ Sleep apnea, CPAPs and other sleep health solutions. #105  
After spending last weekend at the deer lease with a packed hunting cabin. I've started a CPAP collection fund for a number of the members. WOW! What a chorus of snoring, snorting, choking and other sounds. :rolleyes:

/ Sleep apnea, CPAPs and other sleep health solutions. #106  
When I saw this thread, it caught my attention immediately. I have been on CPAP since 2011 and firmly believe it saved my life. I was having every sort medical problem imaginable. My blood pressure was out of control, I was having dizzy spells and even almost passed out at work, was taken to ER with BP 230/120. I had constant chest pain and was always tired. I would come home from work and sometimes my head would almost fall in my plate when eating supper. I was taking my blood pressure multiple times per day and charting it for my Doc. I had a heart cath done at the end of 2010 when I went to the ER from falling out at work. The Cath showed no blockages. Finally in the middle of having every kind of test possible done, I went to a sleep lab. I clearly had Obstructive Apnea. I was prescribed a machine, and the very first night I slept with it, I felt better the next day. Over time my dizzy spells went away, the chest pain lessened, and my blood pressure started coming down. In fact my sleep doctor took a look at the BP chart I was keeping and was really impressed. My BP started falling immediately the very next day after I started on the machine. It fell about 10 points in the first three weeks of usage. He copied the chart and used to to show other patients. The bottom line was I had been severely sleep deprived over a very long time. I certainly didn't believe that a sleep disorder could cause all the serious syptoms I had, but now I am a believer. I am inserting the chart of my BP when I started CPAP.
BP after CPAP.jpg

/ Sleep apnea, CPAPs and other sleep health solutions. #107  
@BCinVA my story is similar except I wasn't really having BP issues. I couldn't function mentally after 1pm every day.

I would literally stop at a rest stop on the way to work to try to take a nap.

I've had mine since 2010 and believe I wouldn't be here without it. Even though I hate it, it is a love-hate relationship 😆

/ Sleep apnea, CPAPs and other sleep health solutions. #108  
It was just yesterday when I learned that cleaning with ozone breaks down the foam and can do that in any machine so I've never used ozone but it seems to mess things up.
I use hydrogen peroxide.

Doesn't get near any foam.

Didn't go without notice how the "O2 cleaners" have disappeared from TV ads.

/ Sleep apnea, CPAPs and other sleep health solutions. #109  
Has anybody one this forum used a Raspberry Pi to control the CPAP because you didn't like the menu selections offered by the manufacturer?

For example: I hate when my mask leaks and the machine goes to full air pressure. I would far rather have it lower the pressure till the mask isn't leaking anymore. I have my max pressure set at 14 but I've seen it as high as 17 when the mask leaks which just irritates me.

Another example: If the CPAP machine can sense when I go to sleep it should be able to sense when I wake up and turn the air pressure right down to the lowest setting. After all I'm not going to have apnea if I'm awake.

/ Sleep apnea, CPAPs and other sleep health solutions. #110  
Has anybody one this forum used a Raspberry Pi to control the CPAP because you didn't like the menu selections offered by the manufacturer?

For example: I hate when my mask leaks and the machine goes to full air pressure. I would far rather have it lower the pressure till the mask isn't leaking anymore. I have my max pressure set at 14 but I've seen it as high as 17 when the mask leaks which just irritates me.

Another example: If the CPAP machine can sense when I go to sleep it should be able to sense when I wake up and turn the air pressure right down to the lowest setting. After all I'm not going to have apnea if I'm awake.
These devices have to be certified, so they try not to provide interfaces for anything.
The manufacturers do have ways of feeding back requests, but I am sure that would be slow.