since mahindra website doesn't have MSRP...

/ since mahindra website doesn't have MSRP... #21  
wallace said:
You know what gets me and this may not be related but check this out anyhow...
Furniture.. Watch some of the commercials out there.. BIG SALE GOING ON UNTILL THE END OF THE WEEK!!!! come in now and get up to 75% off!!

OMG and they run a new sale every week, how much do they mark thing up to be able to give 75% off.

I don't know what to think about this subject.. I am a consumer just like everone else out here and I SHOP for someone to take care of me on PRICE and SERVICE..
My Dad used to be a wholesale mattress salesman. All his customers were furniture store owners. The stores can get up to 100% over cost or more, depending on just exactly what it is. I still know a few of his customers and can get most furniture I want for one/ half what people off the street pay.
hugs, Brandi

/ since mahindra website doesn't have MSRP... #22  
Don, as a dealer, we choose to post on here to share our "inside" info and knowledge with those of you asking questions on here since a lot of the time we have seen issues that people are having. It also helps us get in touch with what the customer thinks about the product (the good and the bad) and often times I see issues on here that I have not seen firsthand and it helps me learn something I didn't know before. Most of the time when I am posting on here I'm sitting here eating my lunch on my lunch break. I think you'll notice that dealers post on here a lot more in the winter months than the spring/summer just because we aren't as busy.

edit: I also forgot to mention that I have maybe sold one or two pieces of equipment to people that post on here, that's it. (Midsouth is the only person I can think of off the top of my head and I just sold him a cutter, there are two other people that I can't remember their screen name that I've sold to that post on occasion but they never mentioned anything about TBN when I sold them equip...I just figured out who they were their location and questions they had) Most of the people that I have dealt with that post on here started posting on here after I sold them the equipment, so I am definitely not here for advertising.

Last edited:
   / since mahindra website doesn't have MSRP... #24  
RedRiver said:
Don, as a dealer, we choose to post on here to share our "inside" info and knowledge with those of you asking questions on here since a lot of the time we have seen issues that people are having. It also helps us get in touch with what the customer thinks about the product (the good and the bad) and often times I see issues on here that I have not seen firsthand and it helps me learn something I didn't know before. Most of the time when I am posting on here I'm sitting here eating my lunch on my lunch break. I think you'll notice that dealers post on here a lot more in the winter months than the spring/summer just because we aren't as busy.

Well, tell us all the inside info you have!

Glad to have the dealers posting here!

I just like the MSRP because in my area the main competition is Deere and they have the MSRP on their site. Add in to the mix that if you've ever tried calling my dealer you definately know what a busy signal sounds like. I honestly don't know if I would own 2 Mahindras right now if I didn't know that the busy signal is for real, not just him with the phone off the hook. If any of you guys are as busy as him it seems you would want me to be able to compare MSRPs even when I can't get you on the phone to get a price. It gives us a starting price. Nobody pays sticker or MSRP for much anymore. Not that I am right and anyone else is wrong. You all have valid points. I just do'nt want to have to work to spend my money!

/ since mahindra website doesn't have MSRP... #25  
This thread is a perfect example of why TractorByNet is such a great site and a valuable resource. There are buyers and sellers both posting here. I as a buyer can get both sides of any issue. Sellers like Rick and Dave and RedRiver can keep in touch with the Mahindra customer and prospect base and all sides benefit. When I first started reading the posts in this thread I was one of those that was somewhat dissapointed that I could not get pricing info from Mahindra. I would have liked it when I first started looking for a tractor so that I had an idea of what tractors were in my price range across all manufacturers. I would not have considered any msrp to be the actual price I would pay, rather it would be useful for comparison purposes. After reading all the posts in the thread, I have concluded that at least in my mind, not having msrp is not all that bad in that it forced me to work a little harder and dig a little deeper and therefore gather more information to use in making a buying decision.

/ since mahindra website doesn't have MSRP... #26  
DonWorrell said:
Mahindra can do as they wish. But they are taking some folks out of the market. Let me ask the dealers on here, "why you are on these boards?" Is it because you have nothing else to do or could it possibly be because you get some advertisement. Some of you guys are known as dealers and I like getting advice from you all.

Some folks today do most of their shopping on ther internet. Just this morning I heard a starling fact. 80% of most large sales begin with an internet hit. If the average consumer who is internet savvy goes to the Mahindra site and see no MSRP do you think some of then will just click by and not look into the tractor? I do. Many internet buyers have no idea what a Mahindra tractor is, just look on here how many post read something like this, " Newbie many question"?

I for one searched on the internet before I bought my 3325. I saw the Mahindra, when comparing horse power to horse power, was more competitive than JD, Kubota, MF or most other brands. I then searched the tractor concerning how it was built, history of company and etc. I finally realized I wanted a Mahindra 3325. If I hadn't seen a competitive MSRP I probably wouldn't of spend that much time on buying a Mahindra.

I use the internet because I want to shop without you knowing I am shopping. Oh I know you can trace my IP address but you can't call me. I can hit the delete button in a nana second. I never fill out anything to give you details about when I am buying or why I am buying. I like to shop in the dark or kind of in the dark or at least in the dark for you.

Just my 2 cents.

Don

Like anything you pay 2 cents for.... Since I opened my doors 9 years ago I would say less than 30 of my customers even knew that Tractor By Net exists before they bought a tractor. Most of the time when I tell people about this board they laugh and say "why would you want to sit around and talk about tractors on the internet". Besides, if you added up the thousands of hours that I have spent answering technical problems and other issues I would say by far this has been the worst advertising investment I have made. If I had actually paid for an advertisement here that might be a different story but I dont because that is not my motivation. This is a national tractor board but I only sell inside my regional service area.

I am here because I like tractors, I own a few tractors, I know how to fix tractors, I know what individual tractors are capable of and I use tractors on my farm. Oddly enough I am a human being with interests and hobbies just like you. Weird eh?

I think Mahindra is going in the right direction. I focus on customers who value a quality product and after sale service and support. I am more than happy to let Deere and Kubota deal with price first, product second, shoppers. It is truly more effective than throwing a hand grenade through their front doors.

Don, I can honestly say, I dont personally know any tractor dealers that care enough to sit around and trace IP addresses. What could they possibly gain from doing that? Why would we want to call you? You want to shop without us knowing your shopping you got it. I can only speak for my web site but I dont know who shops on it and I honestly dont care on any level. It is there as a 24 hour brochure...use it all you want. I promise I am not stalking you or any other customer, I just dont have the free time and it makes my feet hurt.

Buck

/ since mahindra website doesn't have MSRP... #27  
MessickFarmEqu said:
Funny... me too :)

All right guys... don't lie!! I see that little green light on more than just from 12-1pm!! Hey... thats what makes it great... I love the dealers (all brands) being on here. You guys provide great insight and useful info to all of us. There are a bunch of guys on here that don't have that "great dealer next door" and you guys fill that gap.

/ since mahindra website doesn't have MSRP... #28  
dlearyfun said:
This thread is a perfect example of why TractorByNet is such a great site and a valuable resource. There are buyers and sellers both posting here. I as a buyer can get both sides of any issue. Sellers like Rick and Dave and RedRiver can keep in touch with the Mahindra customer and prospect base and all sides benefit. When I first started reading the posts in this thread I was one of those that was somewhat dissapointed that I could not get pricing info from Mahindra. I would have liked it when I first started looking for a tractor so that I had an idea of what tractors were in my price range across all manufacturers. I would not have considered any msrp to be the actual price I would pay, rather it would be useful for comparison purposes. After reading all the posts in the thread, I have concluded that at least in my mind, not having msrp is not all that bad in that it forced me to work a little harder and dig a little deeper and therefore gather more information to use in making a buying decision.

Now I'm sure we all concur that a lot of folks these days are lazy so........
and the rest of us are having to pick up their slack so we're really busy and sometimes work 7 days a week.

I just wonder how many people have actually worked a little harder and dug a little deeper versus how many went somewhere that gave them a price up front?

Mahindra wants to be the #1 tractor company in the world so they better throw whatever they got through the front door of the other guy even if it's a frying pan instead of a hand grenade and price would be a heck of a start!