since mahindra website doesn't have MSRP...

/ since mahindra website doesn't have MSRP... #1  

memphis

What should I ask for when calling dealers? I want a 2615 4WD or 2415 4WD
with ag tires. is there any other differences in the models?

thanks

/ since mahindra website doesn't have MSRP... #2  
Every tractor I have ever sold I never mentioned anything about list price.

List price to me is a game that John Deere and a couple other brands like to play with.

I believe that when a customer calls me I have one shot to make the price right to get the sale and the less BS numbers I give. The more cut to the chase it is.
Example.....
Well lets see the list price is $43,000 but let me see what I can do for you...
Okay with the discount that my boss will let me sell you it for you can have it for $38,999.

Not me you call, Here is the price you get and it will be the same price you buddy will get 2 days later or has already got 2 before you called.

/ since mahindra website doesn't have MSRP... #3  
memphis said:
What should I ask for when calling dealers? I want a 2615 4WD or 2415 4WD
with ag tires. is there any other differences in the models?

thanks

Are you shopping for a price or a tractor? You have a job for this tractor..... I would explain to the dealer in detail what you will be using the tractor for short term, mid term and long term then I would be asking which tractor will do the work you need to get done. Obviously you want the most for the least, we all do. But if you save a bunch of money and wind up with a spoon to move a mountain did you solve your initial problem or just get a good deal on a useless piece of equipment. The market in your area sets MSRP not Mahindra with some magical #痴.

Buck

/ since mahindra website doesn't have MSRP... #4  
wallace said:

List price to me is a game that John Deere and a couple other brands like to play with.

I believe that when a customer calls me I have one shot to make the price right to get the sale and the less BS numbers I give. The more cut to the chase it is.
Example.....
Okay with the discount that my boss will let me sell you it for you can have it for $38,999.

Not me you call, Here is the price you get and it will be the same price you buddy will get 2 days later or has already got 2 before you called.

Well said. I don't understand why every week there has to be a thread pointing out that Mahindra doesn't have MSRP posted on the website anymore?? Just look through the last few pages of this forum. There are only maybe a couple other manufacturers that post it and yeah... it doesn't mean much.

/ since mahindra website doesn't have MSRP...
DmansPadge said:
Well said. I don't understand why every week there has to be a thread pointing out that Mahindra doesn't have MSRP posted on the website anymore?? Just look through the last few pages of this forum. There are only maybe a couple other manufacturers that post it and yeah... it doesn't mean much.

i was in no way trying to say anything good or bad about whether mahindra has msrp or not. just asking the best ways to shop around.

/ since mahindra website doesn't have MSRP... #6  
oklahoma prices
2415 w/ loader 13800
2615 w/loader 14995
2415hst w/loader 14800
2615hst w/loader 15995

/ since mahindra website doesn't have MSRP...
grfok said:
oklahoma prices
2415 w/ loader 13800
2615 w/loader 14995
2415hst w/loader 14800
2615hst w/loader 15995

did you call around and get those prices? how much does a loader add to the cost? I don't really need a loader at this time. thanks

/ since mahindra website doesn't have MSRP... #8  
wallace said:

Example.....

Agreed, the more numbers you start throwing around the more you are going to confuse the customer and probably lose their business.

/ since mahindra website doesn't have MSRP... #9  
RedRiver said:
Agreed, the more numbers you start throwing around the more you are going to confuse the customer and probably lose their business.

You are right, we aren't very bright, and are easily confused with facts. Telling us what the msrp is would be as bad as putting a window sticker in new cars...... :confused: :confused:

/ since mahindra website doesn't have MSRP... #10  
Twist my words however you like I'm just speaking from experience. I've NEVER had a customer come in our store and ask about MSRP....yes, I said "never".

I never said anyone "wasn't bright", I just said why mention and throw out numbers that are useless when it comes down to real dollars and cents of what the customer is going to pay.

Like wallace said above, why go through a big ordeal mentioning this number and that number and the other number when you can just be straight forward and say "this" $ amount is what I can sell you the tractor for. It's a waste of everyone's time, energy, ink, and paper mentioning anything but the bottom dollar price.