Sickle mower

/ Sickle mower #1  

snoho

Tractor
John Deere 2025R
Found a John Deere ‘8W’ sickle mower for a decent price, but I’m not sure if I have enough tractor for it. It will be used to mow ditches with.
My tractor is a 2025R Deere. Just not that familiar with sickle’s. Any insight is appreciated.

/ Sickle mower #2  
Found a John Deere ‘8W’ sickle mower for a decent price, but I’m not sure if I have enough tractor for it. It will be used to mow ditches with.
My tractor is a 2025R Deere. Just not that familiar with sickle’s. Any insight is appreciated.
An old 8n would cut all day with one. I seen another guy that had a Kubota that would fit in the bed of a pickup. Used a sickle mower all the time with it. He cut trees and brush with his, never hay.

/ Sickle mower #3  
Only possible concern would be sliding sideways on the ditch banks, power should be no issue.

/ Sickle mower
This is a 2 point hitch, so hopefully enough extra weight will be on rear wheels so as not to slide easily?

/ Sickle mower
This is a 2 point hitch, so hopefully enough extra weight will be on rear wheels so as not to slide easily?
As a follow up, ended up buying a pull behind IH 1100 belt drive. No problem with size of tractor. Works as I hoped it would. Thanks all.