Shuttle Shift Broken

/ Shuttle Shift Broken #1  

Yogi05

Platinum Member
Tractor
TYM T25 Foton TB504
2006 Foton 504.
Using it the other day and the shuttle shift started moving freely.
No forward or backward after. It has the hi/low shifter, a gear selector, and off
to the side the shuttle shift.

I had a peek under it today hoping it was a linkage dropped off but, noooo.

There is a short linkage attached to the side of the transmission, moving clockwise and counter cw toward the front
as you move the lever.
It seems it's inside. No access panel I can see and I'm guessing the cab has to come off (I have another thread about that.
Still haven't gotten around to it).

I have a bunch of diagrams but nothing showing anything like what I have.

Can someone help? Best would be an accurate diagram.
I DL'd a ton of them from an Australian site, but this one doesn't match mine.
Some diagrams do, but not the shuttle shift.

/ Shuttle Shift Broken #2  
What are the chances that it be a simple roll pin broken where the lever goes on the shaft?

/ Shuttle Shift Broken #3  
There is still a fairly good chance that it is a broken roll pin as the friction in the joint where the broken roll pin is will still move the lever on the side of the transmission to a certain extent. Just not far enough to actually engage forwards or reverse.
I have Jinma 254 which has a long quite involved linkage that involves a cable and several pivot points which has broken in a couple of different places over the years. If the 504 is anything like that it can be quite tricky to find the problem. I would suggest holding the lever on the side of the transmission stationery and then trying to move the lever at the steering wheel to check the linkage has no slippage. You'll probably need an assistant unless you've got incredibly long arms.:)

/ Shuttle Shift Broken
Thanks 254OZ but it sounds like your Jinma is different. I was curious about that because many things are the same between the two, and I often hear they are completely the same.

I also suspect there is a roll pin dropped out or similar but was hoping for a confirmed schematic before digging in (in the spring - too cold now).

/ Shuttle Shift Broken
What are the chances that it be a simple roll pin broken where the lever goes on the shaft?
Very possible. It's still a big job (cab off to access transmission etc).
Handy to have a diagram that I know for sure is for this vehicle.
It's a big ask.