Shoveling out a dump trailer - really!

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #41  
I lined the bed of my 6x12 dump trailer with 1/4" thick HDP (high density poly) sheets.
It comes as 4x8 panels.
In thicker sizes this is often used as a backstop in hockey arenas.
I have seen trailers that have a fairly shallow dump angle and sometimes this would be a problem that is hard to fix.
Built my trailer to lift to 50 deg which is fairly steep and still have had damp soil hang up.
Have you ever figured out your angle when fully raised?

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #42  
coldwxguy quoted: "Have you ever figured out your angle when fully raised?" LOL :cool:

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #43  
When I was hauling loads and loads of fill dirt there were frequently loads that got stuck in the dump trailer due to some clay. I started coating the bed with used engine oil before loading it and it worked great. Raise it up some, dump it on the nose of the bed, and let it run down. Problem solved.
😱

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #44  
coldwxguy quoted: "Have you ever figured out your angle when fully raised?" LOL :cool:
Don't know about my angle, but it definitely gets bigger and longer. :eek: :LOL:

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #45  
Clean the trailer bottom and spray it with a silicone lubricant every once in a while.

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really!
The manufacturer advertises a dump angle of 42*, so not a whole lot. However, I'm also dumping on a slope which I think (haven't measured it) is about another 10* based on the slope of my barn roof.

Amazon has the truck vibrators from about $500 to $1200 (same size), different companies.

And the silicone lubricant sounds like a good idea also.

You've given me several things to try over the next few months.

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #47  
I’ve seen full sized dump trucks with a vibrator attached to the bottom of tge bed.
Isn't that why you hear the tailgate slamming on a dump truck when they unload??? Pop the clutch and slam the tailgate a couple times to knock loose what ever is left in the bed.

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #48  
I only used the oil for fill dirt. Not for mulch or anything.

My place of work is a pultruded fiberglass manufacturer. We make 4 x 8 sheets as mentioned above. I had considered lining the floor of the trailer with it when it was new but didn't want to bolt it in. It is really slick, especially when wet. Not sure how wet dirt or clay would do on it though. Haven't tried it yet.

/ Shoveling out a dump trailer - really! #50  
Teenage me would say get some M80s and a slingshot. Maybe it works, maybe you blow off a finger. Either way, you have a conversation starter.

Most of the time, I've been able to just 'bounce' the dump. Failing that, rapidly applied brakes seems to work. Best of luck!