Shovel attachment for fel

/ Shovel attachment for fel #1  

Hoobie

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota mx5100 Ford 641
Some time back I saw postings about a simple shovel type attachment for an FEL. Anyone know about this? Any good? What's it called?

/ Shovel attachment for fel #5  
I often bolt a piece of heavy steel 12” C-channel (12” x 30”) to the bottom center of the heavy duty 400x loader bucket on my JD 4120. It works great for things like ditching and especially good for transplanting trees.

Even more frequently, I bolt two pieces of heavy 3” x36” angle iron under the bucket, in line with the loader bucket lift arms, to use as forks for moving and loading logs and other stuff. I made several sets of wood “fork extensions” that bolt onto those for moving stuff like my truck cap, etc.

Very often I’ll put a sheet of plywood on those “forks” to greatly increase the size of my “bucket” for moving light stuff like brush and leaves.

That heavy duty John Deere bucket gives me lots of options. It’s got the proprietary JD quick attach and I very often pop it off while Bush hogging, to eliminate most of the front end bounce, and improve forward visibility.

That Bushhog makes a great counterbalance when moving heavy stuff up front with the fork extensions, like my deer blinds:
D00E9D11-1F6E-4DA6-B78E-82755D4D5F16.jpeg

/ Shovel attachment for fel #9  
Paumco quick spade will work with either bucket or forks. Quick to attach to dig a quick hole, clear drainage ditch or cut brush under a fence.

/ Shovel attachment for fel #10  
Thanks everyone. That is exactly what I was looking for.
I was going to mention what @mikester was trying to point out. That is don't get carried away with this type of thing. Digging berries or other actual shovel tasks is one thing, but I can see where a guy could really tweak his bucket over doing something.
Jcoastie's suggestion of an actual stump bucket is the better choise unless the operator is very careful with this little "strap on" garden weasel. If you must, put it on one of the corners of the bucket. Your chances are better not to screw up your bucket.