Should I trade my L2501

/ Should I trade my L2501 #31  
Make and break development programs are generally very costly.

The bottom line to the above 1,151 messages is The Fred intermittently got the incremental power he wanted at fabulous expense in down time.

The Fred's concluding Kubota post was January 3, 2021:
"I DO still hate my tractor!"

I have been posting here since 2011. I cannot recall ONE thread where adding a turbo to an engine not specifically set up for a turbo proved successful for the owner.

Last edited:
   / Should I trade my L2501 #32  
"Thanks for the replies. My cutter is a 60" medium duty Land Pride."

No wonder, five foot is too big for 25 hp. I bet it bounces off the tires when you take a sharp turn. Sell it and get a four-foot mower.

/ Should I trade my L2501 #33  
Umm, I ran a 6' behind a 2501. Type of stuff that is being mowed dictates speed of mowing. Bogs down, slow up. Its that simple.

/ Should I trade my L2501 #34  
Well, this is orange, and it's turbocharged. Seems to give it more power (if not sense)!

Not what I’m going for, although, it’s highly entertaining! :D

Mike

/ Should I trade my L2501 #35  
hello TBN people,
i would like to share some info on the D1703 engine used in the l2501
L2501 Modifications .
the OP that started the "L2501 Modification" thread has successfully built and installed a turbo for his D1703... also a small group of us over at OTT have done the injection timing and fuel advance mods on the D1703 with great success.
we have some very knowledgeable members (gearheads) involved in this thread including @Rdrcr who is currently installing a turbo to his D1703. Mike has been a big contributor and help to the thread!
here is part 1 video and history of the D1703 mod

part 2

i have no idea how much HP and torque i gained on my D1703... but its not the same tractor😁

/ Should I trade my L2501 #36  
When I was looking at the 2501 awhile ago, my plan was to put the inj. pump to L3200 settings and changing out the pto gear so I could turn up the rpm to gain more power and increase the hyd pump output also.

I like turbos but to make it right really requires different pistons, injectors, inj. lines etc.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

/ Should I trade my L2501
"Thanks for the replies. My cutter is a 60" medium duty Land Pride."

No wonder, five foot is too big for 25 hp. I bet it bounces off the tires when you take a sharp turn. Sell it and get a four-foot mower.
Nope, does not bounce off the tires.

/ Should I trade my L2501 #38  
Make and break development programs are generally very costly.

The bottom line to the above 1,151 messages is The Fred intermittently got the incremental power he wanted at fabulous expense in down time.

The Fred's concluding Kubota post was January 3, 2021:
"I DO still hate my tractor!"

I have been posting here since 2011. I cannot recall ONE thread where adding a turbo to an engine not specifically set up for a turbo proved successful for the owner.

A predictable result!

/ Should I trade my L2501
hello TBN people,
i would like to share some info on the D1703 engine used in the l2501
L2501 Modifications .
the OP that started the "L2501 Modification" thread has successfully built and installed a turbo for his D1703... also a small group of us over at OTT have done the injection timing and fuel advance mods on the D1703 with great success.
we have some very knowledgeable members (gearheads) involved in this thread including @Rdrcr who is currently installing a turbo to his D1703. Mike has been a big contributor and help to the thread!
here is part 1 video and history of the D1703 mod

part 2

i have no idea how much HP and torque i gained on my D1703... but its not the same tractor😁
I watched both of these videos and found them to be long, detailed and very informative. He gained some hp (doesn't know how much without a dyno) and did not add a turbo, which I like. The guy has done his homework and really impressed me with his skills and knowledge. If I were younger I might attempt his "tune up" but at my age I don't think I'm capable. Wish I was!

/ Should I trade my L2501 #40  
I watched both of these videos and found them to be long, detailed and very informative. He gained some hp (doesn't know how much without a dyno) and did not add a turbo, which I like. The guy has done his homework and really impressed me with his skills and knowledge. If I were younger I might attempt his "tune up" but at my age I don't think I'm capable. Wish I was!
yes sir, the videos were definitely long! outta respect for Netmagi, i watched both from beginning to end.
very informative and Kubota's D1703 is a popular engine for sure. interesting that the engine has been used in the l35 backhoe (35.1 HP), l3400 (34.7 HP) and l2501 (24.8 HP) to name a few. if i had to guess (butt dyno), i'm thinking ~32 HP after mod.
the mod took ~4 hrs plus 2 hrs collecting data, tweaking fuel limit screw and checking EGT's.
gotta say i had a good time working on my tractor... its 100% solid now!

best of luck!